Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Packing in smoking  (Read 14455 times)

MikeA

Re: Packing in smoking
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2011, 12:42:12 am »

nothing as supportive as your mates when ya trying to quit lol

pettyofficernick

« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2011, 10:31:34 am »

My mate has a vested interest, there is 50 quid riding on my success or failure! :} :} :} :-)) :-)) :-))

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2011, 11:15:48 am »

:D .....hullo Nick........for me....... must be some 14 years now free of tobacco  :-)) & after 40 years of of part taking >>:-(

I used Nicobate patches....the full three month method  O0 .....

Good luck with your plan & I sincerely hope you achieve your goal........... :} ................Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2011, 11:58:18 am »

Wife stopped at same time as me, 9 years ago, inducement was that whoever fell off the wagon first, gave the other £250. Now as a Yorkshireman - - - -  {-) Neither of us have weakened, although, there are still times I could kill a cig but I know darned well, one would lead to two etc.

Stick with it Nick, you know it makes sense.

Regards   Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2011, 12:22:07 pm »

Circlip..........I have the same but different issue  %% .....my dear wife   :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: ......still smokes & I can light a cigarette for her [occassionally] & not feel the need to parttake any further....... :P ....Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

grasshopper

• Full Mayhemer
    • A1 Hobbies Ltd.
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2011, 12:25:49 pm »

I stopped 'cold turkey' some years ago - got fat, not from substituting, just from not walking around smoking outside the house in the evening - I've lost that extra 2 stone now - but the best bits about giving up?

I'm a little fitter, stuff does taste better, I've noticed I don't larrup my food in spicy sauces or use loads of salt anyomre, I don't smell like an ashtray and my kids will sit next to me when they visit. My car doesn't smell either - and I haven't got burn marks in the leather upholstery. I seem to have more time to finish little jobs and the most noticable thing? My wallet is never empty.

There's absolutely no negatives to giving up - deal with any issues you think you may have and continue the good work you've done so far.

Don't,  however, become one of those over zealous anti-smoking nutters that preach from on high - you know how difficult it can be, encourage don't bully!

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2011, 01:05:39 pm »

Oh yes Glasshopper, SWTSMBO is like that, totally intolerant with the emphasis on the rant. I flatly refuse to "preach" to anyone else because I know how much enjoyment I got out of smoking and no matter what is said or shown, it always happens to someone else.

Regards  Ian, fellow cold turkey.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

Nordsee

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2011, 07:04:18 pm »

not as yet, but I have come close a couple of times, my mate, thinking he was being amusing, wafted one under my nose to 'test' me, didn't work.  >>:-( >>:-( :} :}
People like that are not "Mates", really they are jealous because you are doing what they secrectly would like to do, but they haven't got the Willpower! Keep at it...

pettyofficernick

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2011, 08:01:57 pm »

Another weekend gone and still not had a fag. Getting easier, banned the missus from my presence as she lights up in front of me and refuses any support, kipped on the sofa bed in my workroom the last 3 nights, its great, a may move in there permanently, peace and quiet and handy for the bench and the computer. >>:-( >>:-( :} :} :-)) :-))

pettyofficernick

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2011, 10:26:00 am »

Morning folks, just been to see the Grand Inquisitor ( no smoking nurse) at the doctors, CO level down to 9ppm, so its working! :} :} :} :-)) :-)) :-))

MikeA

« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2011, 02:24:00 pm »

youl be able to run again soon !!

pettyofficernick

« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2011, 08:18:14 pm »

still not smoked, its getting easier, spent this morning taking the starter motor out of a Viking SMB, in the rain, Got soaked, cold, and miserable, really wanted a fag to go with the warming up process, lucky there was nothing smokable to hand or I may have cracked, over it now, phew. :-)) :-)) :-))

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2011, 10:44:37 pm »

still not smoked, its getting easier, spent this morning taking the starter motor out of a Viking SMB, in the rain, Got soaked, cold, and miserable, really wanted a fag to go with the warming up process, lucky there was nothing smokable to hand or I may have cracked, over it now, phew. :-)) :-)) :-))
Well done that man!  Have an "A"!
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

Builder1

« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2011, 09:08:19 am »

Get the patches. I used them 20 odd years ago and haven't smoked since.

Good Luck!!

wullie/mk2

« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2011, 02:41:36 pm »

I recently stopped smoking,...but I,ve still got a few months supply of Nicorette,inhaler,..i.e. small plastic tube with 4mg capsules,suck as required,I llgive them to anyone who thinks they may use them, for the price of postage,

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2011, 08:29:00 am »

I recently stopped smoking,...but I,ve still got a few months supply of Nicorette,inhaler,..i.e. small plastic tube with 4mg capsules,suck as required,I llgive them to anyone who thinks they may use them, for the price of postage,

Those things work very well, I used the same thing.  I still keep one handy "Just in case"
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

john44

« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2011, 10:14:56 am »

Well done mate, it just shows you what can be done when you put your mind to it. Whatever method you use to help to stop
smoking, at the end of the day it is willpower that counts. Keep at it.

john

pettyofficernick

« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2011, 05:27:47 pm »

Managing great on the Champix, no side effects, still not smoking.Latest savings financed a gas tank and 1 1/2 inch ceramic burner from Forrest Classics, so, apart from the health benefits, more dosh to spend on model boat stuff, a win win situation if ever there was one :} :} :} :-)) :-)) :-))

wullie/mk2

« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2011, 11:47:56 am »

The financial benefits for me are great,..I,m off today to pick up a recently purchased Fleetscale Scharnhorst,,that I was able to buy with my saved ciggie money,and my other half is,nt moaning,

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2011, 01:39:00 pm »

The financial benefits for me are great,..I,m off today to pick up a recently purchased Fleetscale Scharnhorst,,that I was able to buy with my saved ciggie money,and my other half is,nt moaning,

I know!

I was amazed how quickly the not smoking jar filled up

pettyofficernick

« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2011, 10:29:27 am »

Good Morning all, well, sorry to say, I've let the side down and picked up the fags again, temporarily I hope. Had a traumatic experience Tuesday last, My littleYorkshire Terrier, Minnie, was attacked and killed by an out of control Rottweiller, an ex guard dog that is now owned by one of the local winos, this bloke can not even look after himself, let alone a dangerous dog such as a rottweiller. It sneaked up behind us (minnie was on her lead, as she allways is) silently, and grabbed her, I was bitten trying to rescue her, but she bled to death in my arms. The Police and the Housing Department say they can't do anything about it as a person was not attacked. so my little sidekick of 14 years is no longer with us and I am totally devastated, hence the relapse in the no smoking exercise. I will have to get back on course before its to late, but it is a bit hard at the moment. <:( <:(

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2011, 12:35:29 pm »

The Police and the Housing Department say they can't do anything about it as a person was not attacked.

Thats absolute rubbish!

Speak to the RSPCA if he allowed his dog out unsupervised then he is breaking the law.  Also you said the dog bit you.  I think you should seek further advice on this

pettyofficernick

« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2011, 04:39:51 pm »

RSPCA told me to speak to the police, they said the reason they could not do anything was that I was on its home ground, even though I was at the communal entrance to the building, and it was my fault for getting bitten because I intervened in a 'dog fight', I tried arguing that a rotweiler sneaking up on a tiny little dog hardly constitutes a dog fight, but it got me nowhere. so I still have to put up with it living 3 doors away from me.

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2011, 05:16:50 pm »

Sounds to me that it's more a case of "I can't be arsed to deal with it let (Insert name here) sort it out!"

dave301bounty

« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2011, 08:22:03 pm »

re ,that dog biting you ,there is a clause that says about a dog being aggresive ,,now this can be broken down into various forms , starting with a big licking ,,if you get my drift ,the list can go on ,but in there you CAN put it to the police /ouner /whatever ,the animal did ,whatever ,and that was the agressive part being carried out ,to make a case ,more in your favour it was unsupervised ,,want it ..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 22 queries.