Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: jjc sound unit  (Read 3682 times)

john44

jjc sound unit
« on: October 27, 2010, 10:08:32 pm »

I have a JJC M119 sound unit from a second hand boat bought at the Blackpool show ,from the A Model World stand it does not
work.There are 2 power cables 1 jackplug cable and a receiver type lead coming from it and a speaker connection block on the PCB.
is the receiver lead to go to a spare channel? and any ideas what the sound unit should be?

triumphjon

Re: jjc sound unit
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 10:18:19 pm »

do you know what noise the sound unit generates ?

Bunkerbarge

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 06:16:23 am »

It sounds like a master unit, the jack plus is to plug in additional slave units.  It should therefore have an engine noise and a couple of bells and horns,  The Rx cable goes into your Rx motor channel socket with the speed controller being connected via a 'Y' lead.

As you say then you have a power connection and a speaker connection.
"Dirty British coaster with a salt-caked smoke stack, Butting through the Channel in the mad March days"

john44

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 03:45:57 pm »

sound unit connected ,the red LED flashes but no sound ( has it had its chips )?

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 06:10:02 pm »

HI John 44. If this is the master board you should see on it two black vertical pots. In the middle of these you should see a slot for a small screwdriver.  One of these pots controls the volume. What voltage are you running this unit on? If you can not get any sound out of the unit then the only place for it is in the bin. There are no after sales for these units. JJC  stopped trading a good fewyears ago. P/M  sent to you. Check your p/m and give me a call. I am not sure what project m119 was.It  mayhave be a sound system or some other function most of JJC units had red L E D fitted to the master board.
Stan

john44

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010, 08:11:36 pm »

the sound unit was not an engine sound as I thought. Working of the throttle control, but a siren sound that requires its own channel.
My problem was sorted out thanks to a phone call to Stan.

Cheers mate.

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 08:45:01 pm »

Thanks for your comments John.Happy sailing with your sound system. Let me know if you manage to get the others we talked about.

Stan Reffin

Kirklees Model Boat Club

john44

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 11:13:45 pm »

Hi Stan, there was a link from the boat club website you mentioned, so I will be ordering new units soon. 

Happy sailing     

John

bomberflyer

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 09:58:06 am »

Looking for a jjc vosper mtb sound unit please.Bomberflyer

Stan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 11:04:19 am »

Hi I may have one of those in my collection please send me details of a contact number not mobile via a p/m.

Stan

bomberflyer

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 03:32:57 pm »

Hi Stan ,im on Phone No. removed - Never a good idea to put personal information on the internet! - Please use PM. - Martin

John W E

• I see no ships !!
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 03:48:16 pm »

hi ya Chris
Hope you are well - I think you should take your phone number off the main forum, you will end up with load of funny phone calls.

The JJC sound units are no longer manufactured and if it breaks it will be difficult to get it repaired without great expense.   Anyway, not a problem if you are going to get it reasonably cheap.

When you were at my house, you heard the ACTion sound unit which is fully programmable to any sound you wish - admitedly you require an external amplifier and speaker but if at least this breaks or you drop a clanger with it - Dave from ACTion will be at hand to help.

aye
john
Knowledge begins with respect
But fools hate wisdom and discipline

bomberflyer

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 05:15:05 pm »

John ,good to hear from you,im still happy with my  wonderfull launch.Its much admired by other club members.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.