Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Simple Mayhem Mathematics  (Read 11462 times)

Korky

Re: Simple Mayhem Mathematics
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2011, 03:54:09 pm »

How does it stay in va lid? Are veyr sum luggidge straps?  {:-{

Regards  Ian.

Look into my eyes  look into my eyes...not behind 'em  not around 'em  look into my eyes....you WILL know the difference between invalid and invalid !

OK...     3-2-1   back in the room !

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2011, 01:22:08 am »

Korky, like everyone else I am rather bemused by your original post. If you have a problem with some posts then report them to a moderator instead of making rather obtuse, and seemingly pointless, comments, and giving a number of people, me included, brain strain %% trying to work out what the 'eck you're talking about {:-{

Peter.

Korky

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2011, 07:42:15 am »

Korky, like everyone else I am rather bemused by your original post. If you have a problem with some posts then report them to a moderator instead of making rather obtuse, and seemingly pointless, comments, and giving a number of people, me included, brain strain %% trying to work out what the 'eck you're talking about {:-{

Peter.

obtuse   pointless or just plain ol' amusing....seems peter that many other mayhemers aren't missing the point  but if humour (dark or otherwise) is not welcome here then so be it !

Ps  I've seen far more obtuse and highly pointed remarks being bandied around on this forum and yet, not a peep from you about them. Nor the equally obtuse responses to my original mail.

Is there something you'd like to say to me ?  I have a sense of humour thank G, and  if that's in any doubt, why not ask those shipmates who've actually met me ?won't mention names but I'm sure one or two would assure you that my humour, once understood, is a constant factor in my life.

I shan't bother posting again, just sit here on the touchline and observe......................

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2011, 08:40:21 am »

You keep posting Korky, we like your sense of humour. [I knew what you were on about from the start]

I'm hoping Peter's ticking off was a bit tongue in cheek looking at his emoticons.

Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2011, 08:31:22 pm »

obtuse   pointless or just plain ol' amusing....seems peter that many other mayhemers aren't missing the point  but if humour (dark or otherwise) is not welcome here then so be it !

Ps  I've seen far more obtuse and highly pointed remarks being bandied around on this forum and yet, not a peep from you about them. Nor the equally obtuse responses to my original mail.

Is there something you'd like to say to me ?  I have a sense of humour thank G, and  if that's in any doubt, why not ask those shipmates who've actually met me ?won't mention names but I'm sure one or two would assure you that my humour, once understood, is a constant factor in my life.

I shan't bother posting again, just sit here on the touchline and observe......................
Kinky
Korky,

Perhaps posting in "hoomoor" might have given the "obtose' a leg up. {-) {-) %% %%

Korky

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2011, 08:50:29 pm »

Kinky
Korky,

Perhaps posting in "hoomoor" might have given the "obtose' a leg up. {-) {-) %% %%

Thanks FaartyGunner   ooops RaaArtyGunner    you've renewed me faith in the non sequitur.       oh poo !   gone and done it again  innit ?

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2011, 12:39:07 am »

Korky, I'm really pleased that many people aren't "missing the point", but my age, coupled with the fact that we Aussies are a bit slow (all down to the fact that we spend our entire lives upside down here on the other side of the world %%) means I still don't get it. However, don't let it worry you, if others appreciate your humour then, by all means, keep it up O0, always keeping in mind this is a family forum :-)

Peter.

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2011, 01:08:49 am »

Korky....... {:-{ I am just down the road a bit from Peter [Lennox Head to Wollongong] ......like 856 kilometres further toward the south pole :P ...so technically speaking I am further upside down than Peter >>:-(...& I don't get your humor either  <*< .........Derek
Derek Warner

Honorary Secretary [Retired]
Illawarra Live Steamers Co-op
Australia
www.ils.org.au

pugwash

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2011, 01:25:37 am »

Derek and Peter you are not alone - I haven't a clue what Korky's talking about either - and I don't have any Aussie antecedents

Geoff

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2011, 05:51:29 am »

Me tink ita to do wit da hinglish lanwage.
Ya no  1werd meens 2 tings.

But then guys I am furher North and now in the Sunshine, It is getting warmer. {-) {-) {-)

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2011, 07:13:51 am »

I know English can be difik diffoc hard, and I do appreciate the two meanings and pronunciations of "invalid", but what I don't get is what started it all in the first place, in Korky's original post {:-{. Perhaps it's all that blood running to my brain, and slowing it down {-)

Peter.

nick_75au

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2011, 07:34:03 am »

Hi Peter,
You sound like The Dog in Footrot Flats {-)
Nick

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2011, 07:48:55 am »

{-)...Nick.... I think Korky & U   should start a direct line of misunderstanding...... but just leave the rest of Mayhem members out of it  O0

Am I missing something here? ...what is Footrot Flats ? ..................& who is the dog?............is this thread now turning into an unknown veterinarian quiz show?  {-) ;D %)  <:( ....Derek

Derek Warner

Australia
www.ils.org.au

nick_75au

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2011, 07:58:11 am »

Peters post was exactly like when The Dog has trouble spelling something {-)

http://www.oneil.com.au/footrot/

And I can't believe you haven't heard of Footrot Flats {:-{

Nick

Korky

« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2011, 08:31:58 am »

I know English can be difik diffoc hard, and I do appreciate the two meanings and pronunciations of "invalid", but what I don't get is what started it all in the first place, in Korky's original post {:-{. Perhaps it's all that blood running to my brain, and slowing it down {-)

Peter.

The English language is the richest and most diverse in the world, but rapidly becoming the most abused too.....text speak...gangsta rap....chav chat  etc !

It saddens myself and many others to witness this wholescale massacre of what is, after all, the universal language and the only good thing is that I shan't be around to attend the funeral...OK  rant over Peter.

As for the origin of this post, look back at the Wants and Swaps thread for 04/08/2011   witness not only the disrespect shown by a certain member for the moderators, but also the not so skillful use of grammar punctuation and spelling.

'Ere   while I'm still around Peter.....

Did you hear about the Lady who went into a cocktail bar and told the barman that she'd like a double entendre ?

so the barman gave her one !

Korks

derekwarner

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2011, 10:11:23 am »

Evening Korky............now from your comments {:-{ ....you could take offence with my salutation ....however I would ask that you reflect on a number of points

1. I am not a moderator of this WEB site.........but a humble member ....... %)  for a number of years
2. Model Mayhem is essentially a WEB site for model boating and associated activities  :-))
3. Model Mayhem is open to any person wishing to join for the benefit of membership providing the prospective member accepts the conditions of the WEB site regulations & guidelines  :police:
4. Any new member when researching the archives will easily see that there have been many SPITS & SPATS relative to the use of the English language
5. I for one of convict stock from the first fleet.....have documented evidence that we were taught the correct use of the Queens English en-route to OZ...... O0
6. I suspect many of those left behind [in UK] were never taught such literary skills

Having said all of this ..... >>:-( Mayhem is about model boating & was never intended to be an English language learning or criticism class ........... ...............Derek :P
Derek Warner

Australia
www.ils.org.au

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2011, 10:19:24 am »

I'm born and bred English and I understand Korky perfectly, but I am the right way up. :-)).

This topic is a follow on from the banning of Ryan by Martin.

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=31810.0

Korky

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2011, 12:25:59 pm »

Evening Korky............now from your comments {:-{ ....you could take offence with my salutation ....however I would ask that you reflect on a number of points

1. I am not a moderator of this WEB site.........but a humble member ....... %)  for a number of years
2. Model Mayhem is essentially a WEB site for model boating and associated activities  :-))
3. Model Mayhem is open to any person wishing to join for the benefit of membership providing the prospective member accepts the conditions of the WEB site regulations & guidelines  :police:
4. Any new member when researching the archives will easily see that there have been many SPITS & SPATS relative to the use of the English language
5. I for one of convict stock from the first fleet.....have documented evidence that we were taught the correct use of the Queens English en-route to OZ...... O0
6. I suspect many of those left behind [in UK] were never taught such literary skills

Having said all of this ..... >>:-( Mayhem is about model boating & was never intended to be an English language learning or criticism class ........... ...............Derek :P

errr....thought the working title for this thread was "Chit-Chat ..Almost anything you like here !" .mmmmmmmmmmmmm   must've misread it I guess !

Korks

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2011, 03:50:20 pm »

Korky, Derek is an Aussie and therefore has a weird sense of humour.

His post is supposed to be funny[I think]  :-))

ACTion

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2011, 06:54:11 pm »

Korky
Looks very much like your original joke fell a bit flat, m'duck. No comedian who ever trod the boards didn't tell at least one duff joke in his act. Think of it as 'pearls before swine' if you like, but best to draw a line and move on, methinks............that is once you've explained who Uncle Orlov is  {:-{
(but if he's related to Uncle Albert then I really don't  want to know)
DM

Korky

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2011, 06:58:53 pm »

Korky
Looks very much like your original joke fell a bit flat, m'duck. No comedian who ever trod the boards didn't tell at least one duff joke in his act. Think of it as 'pearls before swine' if you like, but best to draw a line and move on, methinks............that is once you've explained who Uncle Orlov is  {:-{
(but if he's related to Uncle Albert then I really don't  want to know)
DM

Never heard of Orlov ?   philistine !

ACTion

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2011, 08:09:58 pm »

Ah! Phylis Stein! Now you're talking. The most celebrated - if not to say notorious - theatre critic in the whole of New York society in the 20s and not to be confused with Dorothy Parker - a pale imitator in the opinion of many. It was Phylis who, having seen one of Noel Coward's little play at its Broadway premier, was moved to remark "Ee, by eck - that were reet borin' owd cr*p, that were!". She also once opined that Gloria Swanson "looks like 't back end of a tinker's oss" while she held that Charlie Chaplin's films were "abaht as funny as a burnin' orphanage". Such wit; such charm; such a grasp of the mother tongue. We shall not see her like again.
DM

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2011, 09:45:20 pm »

Ah! Phylis Stein! Now you're talking. The most celebrated - if not to say notorious - theatre critic in the whole of New York society in the 20s and not to be confused with Dorothy Parker - a pale imitator in the opinion of many. It was Phylis who, having seen one of Noel Coward's little play at its Broadway premier, was moved to remark "Ee, by eck - that were reet borin' owd cr*p, that were!". She also once opined that Gloria Swanson "looks like 't back end of a tinker's oss" while she held that Charlie Chaplin's films were "abaht as funny as a burnin' orphanage". Such wit; such charm; such a grasp of the mother tongue. We shall not see her like again.
DM
What are you on Dave, anti Albert pills ?

Time to come off them methinks.

sweeper

• Full Mayhemer
  • When all else fails, read the instructions
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2011, 10:46:51 pm »

Now that's right funnny ACTion!
Ignore the request to come off the pills, let's have more of  the same.
One question, did you play any part in writing the script / book titled "I didn't know you cared"? (A BBC show from a few years back ).

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2011, 12:30:37 am »

Like Derek, I too am "old school", so to speak, where we were taught the correct usage of the English language. However, also like Derek, I believe that Mayhem is NOT the place for a discussion on semantics. About the only things I was ever any good at at school were English, particularly spelling, and Geography, subjects I retain an interest in to this day. Spelling mistakes jump off the page at me, which is sometimes a curse, especially when reading some newspapers, where modern reporters using American based spell checkers get right up my nose  >>:-(.

Having got that off my chest, I am certainly not about to criticise Mayhemmers for their spelling, and I don't expect anyone else to do so either.

Korky is quite right, while Mayhem is principally a Model Boat related site, Chit Chat is as he says - almost anything goes O0.

Dave, I'm a big fan of Phyllis Stein too {-).

Derek, I can't believe that you have never heard of Footrot Flats  :o It was a comic strip written by New Zealand cartoonist Murray Ball. It ran from 1975 until 1994 in newspapers around the world. For your further edification, look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footrot_Flats  :-)

Peter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.