Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Lost Fleet Of Chernobyl  (Read 1834 times)

thebackways

• Shipmate
The Lost Fleet Of Chernobyl
« on: August 04, 2011, 03:42:19 pm »

hi, was disscussing visiting the plant and assosiated abandoned city Prypyat with my friends ( there are tours avalible ) and while resurching it i came across a few images of a 'boat graveyard' there which i thought id share

thebackways

• Shipmate
Re: The Lost Fleet Of Chernobyl
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 03:45:07 pm »

also...a nice wintery pic

nhp651

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 06:19:56 pm »

also...a nice wintery pic

i just find it a very sad sight indeed....sorry, but something with the horror that that place holds could never in a million years, be discribed as "nice"

not being argumentative at all, just find it a very heart wrenching sight indeed.

thebackways

• Shipmate
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 06:29:49 pm »

bad choice of words...it is an extreemly sad sight to see... id like to go just coz its such a surreal place to see

and its in several of my all time favourite games ( stalker, call of duty 4 etc )

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 07:26:41 pm »

Excellent. Some TLC there is certainly required. For those with Google Earth installed may I suggest you look around the area of the (ex) power station at about 1 to 2 miles distant. Many very large ships visible just piled on top of each other. Nothing remotely "pretty" about that lot. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

thebackways

• Shipmate
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 07:36:45 pm »

unfortunatly due to the radiation none of the equipment can ever be used again...there is an entire graveyard of tanks and helicopters as well

all if it absorbed the radiation unfortunatly...
however alot of the local wildlife if flourishing now the humans have all left...

wullie/mk2

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 02:04:01 pm »

When, the Reactor went bang, my cousins husband was in the Russian army, and he was one of the many troops that were sent in to clean up,his protective clothing consisted of, a pair of rubber boots,gloves,and a Paper Suit and paper face mask,he was in there for 3 weeks,..his reward at the end ..was the Chernobyl Medal, and a Brand new Lada,...and an un-certain future,
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 22 queries.