Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: London Violence  (Read 24103 times)

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
London Violence
« on: August 08, 2011, 10:47:30 pm »

Am I the only one who finds tonight's reports absolutely appalling.

A significant proportion of the local population seems to be engaged in gratituous arson, violence and looting.

What is going through their tiny minds?

Colin

philk

• Full Mayhemer
Re: London Violence
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 11:00:33 pm »

from what i read in the paper today it all makes perfect sense. someone who they believe was carrying a gun in his sock was killed by the police so lets go and burn down the post office where i get my gyro and nick some jewellery.
nothing confusing there apparently
  !!!!!!!!

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 11:08:07 pm »

Maybe this will prompt a rethink over police cuts.

dpbarry

• If it ain't broke, break it and curse fixing it!
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Newcastle Lifeboat Station
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 11:12:24 pm »

Absolutely crazy..

What is going through their minds. It'll be everyone elses fault except their's and it will be the hard working tax payer who will have to pick up the tab to replace everything they distroyed.

What do(can) you do with them??

Declan

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 11:17:40 pm »

Basically they simply don't care, it's just a fun night out with the prospect of some treasure at little risk. They were brought up with no moral values unfortunately, probably in broken homes. Chickens coming home to roost etc...

The only way to stop it is with force.

Colin

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 11:17:54 pm »

one of them spoken to on sky tonight said "i'm getting my taxes back" as she looted a branch of Currys.... yeah like Currys has anything to do with taxes...

just an excuse for violence and theft , send in the army , read the riot act and round these criminals up
Davie Tait,
Scotland

dpbarry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 11:19:54 pm »

one of them spoken to on sky tonight said "i'm getting my taxes back" as she looted a branch of Currys.... yeah like Currys has anything to do with taxes...

just an excuse for violence and theft , send in the army , read the riot act and round these criminals up

Wot taxes. Probably is on the dole adn doesn't pay taxes. Maybe she meant she needed a 'taxi' to help move her loot  <*<

Declan

threadstopper

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 11:32:54 pm »

Shoot the 'blinking!' lot of them :police: :police: :police:

brianB6

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 11:58:48 pm »

It's not as if they were trying to overthrow the government as in Syria.
Maybe Sharia law, cutting off their hands for theft, would make them think twice.
Why are the spectators there if not to encourage them?
I lived in Notting Hill during the first race riots and it was nothing like this.

dpbarry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 12:13:01 am »

Shoot the 'blinking!' lot of them :police: :police: :police:

European law and their rights  >>:-(

Declan

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 06:21:33 am »

I find it not only appalling, but almost unbelievable that citizens of a country like England could act in that way. Unfortunately, I think you're right, Colin, force is the only thing this mob will understand. Time to bring in the army, perhaps?

Peter.

barryfoote

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 07:19:44 am »

I am afraid that the number of "The great unwashed", is increasing in Britain year on year and has done for the last 50 or so. They respect nothing and no one. Believe me when I say this will get much worse before it gets better. It will spread around Britain, partly due to the medias coverage of it. Force will not be used as it should be because then the individual Police Officers will be risking their own careers and liberty, doing what most of us think they should....beating the hell out of the poor little darlings.. :police: <*< :police: <*< :police: <*< :police: <*<

pugwash

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 07:35:22 am »

It would not surprise me if there were more copycat riots elsewhere giving more opportunities to loot before this eventually quietens down.
Problem is they are better organised this time with mobiles and blackberries to keep contact with other likeminded idiots.
Thank heavens my days as a Bobby are long gone - I remember the last riots in North Tyneside.

Geoff

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 07:57:42 am »

No, I don't think so...................Camerooooon has had to cut short his holiday, as has the Home Sec and Borris

Patternmaker

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 08:16:07 am »

Combat theses yobs with excessive force, Army, armoured vehicles, water cannons and rubber bullets, a good time to pull our troops from Afghanistan.

regiment

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 08:41:13 am »

WHYuse rubber bullets get a gpmg set up that will put the fear of god  allah in them

deadwood

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2011, 08:52:28 am »

Good morning,

I know, as someone from abroad, I shouldn't embark on this thread on a highly charged "domestic" topic.

Unfortunately, I missed our German news yesterday because I came home from work quite late and was then chased by my wife through our garden with some nasty lumberjack work until dusk.

But I do listen to the BBC World Service always when riding in my car to the train station to catch my train to work.
This morning they have reported there that last night saw the most severe and unprecedented riots in London, especially in and around Hackney.
If I remember correctly they had an interview with some kind of inter-racial arbiter/mediator (I assume social worker)
who confirmed that those rioters couldn't be related to any ethnic minority and that they "hijacked" the original motivation (i.e. the (alleged?) shooting of a black guy by a police officer) and were mere "copycat rioters".

It's amazing to me and very interesting to find such a thread in a model boating forum, albeit in its chit chat section.
But on the other hand it seems fitting and obliged to the Mayhem part.
I'm convinced that in a German model makers' forum such a thread wouldn't enjoy any longevity and soon be banned/purged by the site's moderators.

I'm also - excuse my putting it - "amused" to read various lighthearted comments to pull in the army to deal with the mob, irrespective how justified this might be.
Maybe because of our history or grotesque common PC such suggestions would immediately disavow the person and defame them to harbour neo-fascist attitudes.

Regards
Ralph

Philipsparker

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2011, 09:06:47 am »

A significant proportion of the local population seems to be engaged in gratituous arson, violence and looting.

Is it a "significant" proportion ? I suspect the numbers are lower than you might think. They seem to be travelling in organised gangs between sites now.

I also think the media are revelling in it and egging them on. It's a quiet news time, most of the trouble is in within the zones on a travelcard and the pictures look good. Mind you, a lot of them are being endlessly repeated - I've seen the shop in Brum about a dozen times now.

Phil

bikerdude666

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2011, 09:09:43 am »

Send the army in.

richtea

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2011, 12:07:44 pm »

The rioters all look young, so what are their parents doing when they come home with the stolen goods ?
A simple solution would be to use water cannon with a fluorescent marker, so that they can be picked up  any time after the criminal act.
The loony left libertarians will be lining up the excuses for the few that get arrested and the law courts are so weak that they will probably all be back on the streets within a few hours.
The police should be able to use the Riot Act and use all force necessary to quell the rioters, If that means a few broken bones then so be it.

snowwolflair

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 12:49:00 pm »

The rioters all look young, so what are their parents doing when they come home with the stolen goods ?

Selling them on Ebay, the parents rioted in their youth 20 years ago.  Notting Hill, Toxteth, Brixton, takre your pick of riots.

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 12:50:58 pm »

Err, these are not riots. Neither was the infamous Bradford disturbance a "Riot". It's just sheer wanton destruction and theft. "Joy riding" comes under the same category. You can be sure though that all those arrested never did anything like this before, and were only doing it because he was and will be attending court in their best bibs and tucker.

Of course, this is all down to government cuts and everybody Else's kids and theres a z in the month - - - - 8)

Regards   Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

Patternmaker

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2011, 12:51:56 pm »

Good morning,

I know, as someone from abroad, I shouldn't embark on this thread on a highly charged "domestic" topic.

Unfortunately, I missed our German news yesterday because I came home from work quite late and was then chased by my wife through our garden with some nasty lumberjack work until dusk.

But I do listen to the BBC World Service always when riding in my car to the train station to catch my train to work.
This morning they have reported there that last night saw the most severe and unprecedented riots in London, especially in and around Hackney.
If I remember correctly they had an interview with some kind of inter-racial arbiter/mediator (I assume social worker)
who confirmed that those rioters couldn't be related to any ethnic minority and that they "hijacked" the original motivation (i.e. the (alleged?) shooting of a black guy by a police officer) and were mere "copycat rioters".

It's amazing to me and very interesting to find such a thread in a model boating forum, albeit in its chit chat section.
But on the other hand it seems fitting and obliged to the Mayhem part.
I'm convinced that in a German model makers' forum such a thread wouldn't enjoy any longevity and soon be banned/purged by the site's moderators.

I'm also - excuse my putting it - "amused" to read various lighthearted comments to pull in the army to deal with the mob, irrespective how justified this might be.
Maybe because of our history or grotesque common PC such suggestions would immediately disavow the person and defame them to harbour neo-fascist attitudes.

Regards
Ralph

Sending in the army was not a lightheated comment, the 450 arrested should also be made to clear up the damage they have caused.
How long will it be before an innocent person will die in a fire because its to dangerous for fireman to attend

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2011, 01:36:05 pm »

The cheapest and most effective solution would be to issue the police with high pressure water pistols filled with "Smart Water" they can then find the perps long after the "Riots" have settled down.

Regards   Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 02:00:11 pm »

Good idea but you need a device to make the water react.  The old fashioned indelible dye lasts for about 2 weeks and is visible to all. " It wisnay me mister" doesn't work..if you are green you were there, mum and dad and neighbours all will know. name and shame and gives  the coppers time to round `em up at leisure. It worked in Cyprus during the Eoka campaign.
..well can you land on this?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.