Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: London Violence  (Read 24099 times)

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
Re: London Violence
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 02:04:48 pm »

Send the army in.

A good idea!

Sadly there isn't one anymore
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

pugwash

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 02:14:06 pm »

send in the Argylls - at least one of their Jocks has been practising Sharia law on a small scale (fingers rather than hands )(allegedly)

Geoff

snowwolflair

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2011, 02:38:46 pm »

Use "Russian" rubber bullets, every sixth round is a live one, that will soon stop them. :police:

treeboa

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2011, 03:09:55 pm »

to be honest i have been wondering when it would happen, police cuts have given the opening, no doubt the govenments recent cuts and attitude will have helped fuel it further than it already was, and now we hear the usual spouting of pm crap about people being taken to task, what com service - slaps on the wrist etc etc, cant lock them all up as the prisions are overflowing, hell you admit guilty your sentance is cut in half add to that as you go in the gate its cut again, the laws an ass and they cant use heavy hands for fear of appearing in court themselves

to throw a spanner in the works, have you considered some of this is due to public feeling on cuts yet when it comes down to sending money overseas there seems to be a bottomless wallet, i dont agree with whats happening but when you have a govenment that seem so out of touch it makes you wonder if theres more to come

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 03:23:44 pm »

My stepson had an idea.... strategically placed snipers on the rooftops

Couple of shots into the crowd will soon send them running home

regiment

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 03:46:56 pm »

how right you are treeboa how much money have we sent over seas it is  not money but birth control and tractors  now we have the euro to worry about but do not forget we are all in this togeather  wonder what it is that  we are in    :-X :-X

DavieTait

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 03:56:15 pm »

Davie Tait,
Scotland

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011, 04:09:08 pm »

My stepson had an idea.... strategically placed snipers on the rooftops

Couple of shots into the crowd will soon send them running home

Is your stepson President Assad?   %)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2011, 04:48:16 pm »

So what's new? If "people" think that they can get away with it (whatever "it" may be) then they'll go for it. Plus a bit of security in numbers. Nothing to do with "social deprivation" etc. It really is just an escalation, horrendous as it may be, of what youngsters have always done....especially when no parental control is evident. Throwing money at the problem will never work. Proper education might. So will taking a really tough line on drug abuse...and drinking, to some extent.
What's the population of London these days? How many of the millions are involved in this "disorder"? Catch the culprits and give them a sentence that'll be tough enough to bring on second thoughts.
And bring back proper policing with no more police acting as glorified social workers. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
  • Location: Birkdale, Lancashire. twixt the Mersey & the Ribble
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 04:57:05 pm »

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2011, 05:30:29 pm »

Is your stepson President Assad?   %)

He is 11 lol

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2011, 05:35:45 pm »

Latest from the Tory Press office

pettyofficernick

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2011, 05:52:57 pm »

For a start, the govt. shuold insist on shutting down the social networking sites these people are using to communicate, my daughter tells me that they are allready planning tonights bout in Liverpool on facebook. There has been do gooders allreadt on tv blaming it all on 'social conditions', what a load of toshI grew up in the sixties and early seventies, we had no money, not many places to go but we made our own fun and did not cause trouble,  we would not have dared. more prisons, tougher sentencing policies and national service would play a large part in stopping all this stupidity, not buying them x-boxes and playstations and saying 'the poor dears, its not their fault' >>:-( >>:-( <*< <*< <*< <*< <*<

steamboatmodel

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2011, 06:00:42 pm »

It would not surprise me if there were more copycat riots elsewhere giving more opportunities to loot before this eventually quietens down.
Problem is they are better organised this time with mobiles and blackberries to keep contact with other likeminded idiots.
Thank heavens my days as a Bobby are long gone - I remember the last riots in North Tyneside.

Geoff
RIM the maker of Blackberries have said they will be helping the police in identifying rioters
Regards,
Gerald.

Philipsparker

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2011, 06:13:49 pm »

For a start, the govt. shuold insist on shutting down the social networking sites these people are using to communicate,

No need - the very same sites are being used to identify the perpetrators. Remember, you are tracked all the time online. And the Police can see these site too. Far better than letting them do it by harder to trace telephone.

Try http://catchalooter.tumblr.com/ or http://www.flickr.com/photos/metropolitanpolice/sets/72157627267892973/

Of course, if it rains the little dears won't want to get wet. Better still if we used snipers and reduced the surplus population.

Made it to 80 (25p Richer now)

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2011, 06:15:15 pm »

Bring back the cat and public floggings for those found guilty  :police:
I'm not old I'm mature middle aged

Umi_Ryuzuki

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2011, 06:30:34 pm »

Bring back the cat and public floggings for those found guilty  :police:

Well at least that sounds reasonable.
Seems like all the other "tounge in cheek" suggestions for military style put
downs are exactly what Libya and Syria are doing. And that's working for them isn't it...

Perhaps the youth need to be drafted and sent to war or Afghanistan so they can put
the excess energy to good use and get a better understanding of necessary violence.
At least get "it" out of their system.

O0

pettyofficernick

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2011, 06:53:51 pm »

Daughter found this on facebook, seems some people are making light of the situation.

{:-{ {:-{ {:-{

funtimefrankie

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2011, 06:58:51 pm »

Daughter found this on facebook, seems some people are making light of the situation.

{:-{ {:-{ {:-{
Borris will try to get publicity any way he can :((

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2011, 07:43:38 pm »

Dear All,

I think all this is the sad and ultimate indictment of the general education philosophy over the last twenty years... "let them express themselves, and encourage them to do so" - but the trouble is the 'authorities' and all those directing things, forgot the one critical little thing... discipline.

Regards, Bernard

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2011, 07:55:20 pm »

To me one of the main problems is the Police poor "clear-up rate".
There is little chance of them all being caught and if they are a small slap on the wrist so as not to impede their "Human Rights"
Rights without any responsibility of course.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2011, 08:10:43 pm »

Uh oh !  Glesca polis might be called in, run furrit :o <*<
..well can you land on this?

balders

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2011, 09:00:12 pm »

This is simply out and out lawlessness and to the perpetrators just a "bit of a laugh" as far as I can see.They know the consequences are minimal as they will probably be defended by some half wit social worker who will plead thier underpriveliged upbringing.
Is it not time that once a person wilfully breaks the law they should forego thier human rights and be dealt with harshly.Will we ever get a government with a bit of backbone who who act rather than talk tough?

Andy

dodgy geezer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2011, 09:37:40 pm »

As regards the rioting, I place the blame as follows:

20% - Youths "xxxxx" off, and not as willing to tolerate authority as those in the 1950s. Probably a good thing.
30% - Youths "xxxxx" off, and more willing to commit vandalism and theft than those in the 1950s. Probably a bad thing.
50% - All police left the streets, leaving them quite open for everyone to phone up their pals and say - "There's free stuff out here - help yourself..."

I am cynical. I think that the police chiefs held their forces back because they knew that, if they did that, no policemen would get hurt and in a weeks time, they could have any budget they cared to imagine....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 21 queries.