Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: London Violence  (Read 24101 times)

longshanks

• Full Mayhemer
Re: London Violence
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2011, 10:06:06 pm »

Bring back National Service !!!!

Teach them respect and discipline, their parents obviously did not.

Dekan

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2011, 11:11:56 pm »

Its our own fault..as a country we have a allowed the middle class guardian reading pc "elite" to run the country.The hand ringing.it's our fault we mustn't judge them by our standards because they are poor and come from a deprived background,brigade 

I'm tired the phrase "that we in the west are better than that" used in the context of any countries who's law and order polity our "elite" do not approve of...Some element of Sharia law looks better every day..

dpbarry

• If it ain't broke, break it and curse fixing it!
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Newcastle Lifeboat Station
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2011, 11:25:27 pm »

To me one of the main problems is the Police poor "clear-up rate".
There is little chance of them all being caught and if they are a small slap on the wrist so as not to impede their "Human Rights"
Rights without any responsibility of course.

Bob

Unfortunately Bob, that's the fault of the Courts. Two things cops need in court is proof and a judge with b*lls to deliver a stiff sentence. Another thing that needs to be done is for prisons to actually resemble prisons  - not holiday camps or 5 star hotels. Remove all the playstations, tv and 'perks'. You do the crime then you should forfeit most normal rights when in jail - and "xxxxx" european law and all that human rights b*llsh*t.

My wife nearly choked on her tea when they were talking on the news about how all these b*llicks where communicating with each other via blackberries etc. We work and can't afford them so how the heck are they if they are one the dole. I remember a while back where David Cameron said that he was going to ensure that the maximum benefit tarrif going into a house was something like £500 - I bl**dy work and don't even earn that a week >>:-(

Its no wonder we've so many sponger on the dole.  They're having a laugh at us muppets who work

>>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

Declan

MikeA

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2011, 12:27:00 am »

in order to obtain law someone must break the law and wash away the vermin in a flood of lead

MikeA

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2011, 01:01:43 am »

Unfortunately Bob, that's the fault of the Courts. Two things cops need in court is proof and a judge with b*lls to deliver a stiff sentence. Another thing that needs to be done is for prisons to actually resemble prisons  - not holiday camps or 5 star hotels. Remove all the playstations, tv and 'perks'. You do the crime then you should forfeit most normal rights when in jail - and "xxxxx" european law and all that human rights b*llsh*t.

My wife nearly choked on her tea when they were talking on the news about how all these b*llicks where communicating with each other via blackberries etc. We work and can't afford them so how the heck are they if they are one the dole. I remember a while back where David Cameron said that he was going to ensure that the maximum benefit tarrif going into a house was something like £500 - I bl**dy work and don't even earn that a week >>:-(

Its no wonder we've so many sponger on the dole.  They're having a laugh at us muppets who work

>>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

since i was 16 ive worked im now 25 and in that 9 year time gap ive had 10 careers all ending up to nothing. in the last 2 years ive been made redundant 3 times. When i was at school we were taught by the elders that computers and college education was our future, this advice proved to be fruitless in the long run because the generation that told us to educate is also the generation that employs us. Employers dont want educated people they want people with experience. So how is someone like me suppose to get experience if people wont employ me to gain it? Im a doley bum and im not proud of it. Im a trained mechanical engineer and in this town is becoming less and less required. Unemployment is massive because the hole town is supported on the back of the steel works. Soon this year 1500 people will be made redundant so when i apply for a job what chance in hell have i got angainst another 1000 people all with 20 years experience under there belt? Ive personally never known anyone get 500 pound a week benefit, i do know many people however who have had to sell there belongings just to eat though. 

madrob

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2011, 01:12:50 am »

in order to obtain law someone must break the law and wash away the vermin in a flood of lead

hell yeah

MikeA

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2011, 02:20:46 am »

a few weeks ago a man was slated for the murder of 92 youths yet this week in a London he would be commended as a hero talk about the definition of irony!

brianB6

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2011, 03:53:35 am »

Send them here for a while:-
The treatment of inmates at Wandsworth Prison in London was "demeaning, unsafe and fell below what could be classed as decent", a report says.

Korky

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2011, 09:19:43 am »

Bring back National Service !!!!

Teach them respect and discipline, their parents obviously did not.

As an ex 22 year man who's son is near the end of his third tour of Afghanistan, let's put this in perspective  eh ?

The UK Armed forces don't want, need or have any time for the type of feral dross that we've seen on the streets of various towns and cities in the UK of late.
I don't mean the recent rioting and looting either ! The next time you have to pop along to the local convenience store early evening or late night, take a look at the "leaders of tomorrow" gathered outside said establishment. Listen to the utter garbage being "given it loud", and then please stop with this Bring Back National Service twaddle, because most of today's youth just DOESN'T have what it takes to be a member of a disciplined and effective team.
And furthermore, let's not forget that it was WE (our generation) that........................

Took away virtually all the disciplinary measures that teachers had at their disposal

Allowed legal action to be taken against parents who had the effrontery their offspring in the home

Told these young people (via various media methods) that they were a NO-ONE  unless they had, but not necessarily owned, the latest..
smart phone/games console/fashion wear...the list is endless !

Instigated the use of  ASBOs, which are totally ignored the majority of the time.............................................

I could rant on here for hours, but my message is that, whilst I personally have little or no time for the human dross we see every day on our streets, I would hope that maybe just a little of the blame for these events could be fairly placed at the door of several previous generations, who by their actions and greed have implanted the seed of "must have, will have" into the minds of so many of our "future citizens"

Ps  Did anyone ever hear of a social security office being looted and burnt ??

This just about sums it up I hope
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424

Philipsparker

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2011, 09:20:24 am »

Before we get to the stage of arming all Policemen and letting them be judge, jury & executioner (fine until you get a copper who's having a bad day and you've parked badly), here's a thought:

A lot of these yobs claim to be bored, to have nothing to do. Yet when people look at us modellers making boats, the mejia claim we are all weirdos and wrong. Anyone see the issue ?

In this country, and many others, having an interest that isn't shopping, football or getting drunk is seen as a bad thing. We hobbyists hold the key to helping get the coutnry going. We are inventive. We can fill our time by ourselves with constructive activity. If we were in charge there would be no VAT on boat kits, Humbrol paint etc. and instead of running around like idiots, people would have interesting and stimulating activities to fill thier time. They would look forward to retirement rather than dread leaving a dead end job.

Keeping thier minds active would slow the growth of old-age mental ailments (ask anyone who works with old people who dies first, the ones with active mind or the TV watching vegetables).

But no, society uses "trainspotter" as a term of abuse more potent than "terrorist". Still I suppose it make for easy telly reporting.

Phil

essex2visuvesi

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2011, 10:16:12 am »

Before we get to the stage of arming all Policemen and letting them be judge, jury & executioner (fine until you get a copper who's having a bad day and you've parked badly), here's a thought:

Pray its not this man

Bu then again...... horses for courses as it were

Much of the problem as you say is down to a lack of respect for authority.  Thankfully Finnish police still command respect and authority

You are told once to do something by the police here... failure to comply results in arrest or if you are armed they will shoot you. No ifs buts or maybes. All officers act the same way and the Finns are fine with this. The police here are still respected and obeyed. Im not sure if this is because they are armed with pistols and carry heavier backup weapons in the vehicles lol but its a fact.
Also Finnish prison regime is far tougher than in the UK and an interesting point to note is that people reoffending after a prison sentance is much lower than the UK
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity
Proud member of the OAM  (Order of the Armchair Modeller)
Junior member of the OGG  (Order of the Grumpy Git)

mook

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2011, 10:38:39 am »

I personally think they have a point just acting on it the wrong way

philk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2011, 10:57:16 am »

korky. as an ex serviceman myself you make the most sense to me. but then again we tend to have a different outlook on life.

Essex2visuvesi. if your police and country are like that feel blessed. you probably don't have the pathetic politicians we have.

rchammer.  oh dear

phil

dpbarry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2011, 11:25:40 am »

since i was 16 ive worked im now 25 and in that 9 year time gap ive had 10 careers all ending up to nothing. in the last 2 years ive been made redundant 3 times. When i was at school we were taught by the elders that computers and college education was our future, this advice proved to be fruitless in the long run because the generation that told us to educate is also the generation that employs us. Employers dont want educated people they want people with experience. So how is someone like me suppose to get experience if people wont employ me to gain it? Im a doley bum and im not proud of it. Im a trained mechanical engineer and in this town is becoming less and less required. Unemployment is massive because the hole town is supported on the back of the steel works. Soon this year 1500 people will be made redundant so when i apply for a job what chance in hell have i got angainst another 1000 people all with 20 years experience under there belt? Ive personally never known anyone get 500 pound a week benefit, i do know many people however who have had to sell there belongings just to eat though.

Hi Mad_mike.

I'm not knocking guys like yourself.  I was there myself for a brief period of time and wasn't happy with it. Over here in N.I, some people class me as a mug because I work and people have laughed in my face. One guy several years back said that 'for him to go back to work he would needs to be earning £350 per week to be at the same level he was at on benefits.  The average working wage was £200-£250 pwk!!

Back in the 80's even I could see that when computers where introduced, things were going to get 'interesting'. On top of that, when 'industry' started to be outsourced/transferred to other countries it came down to greed by elements of our political system and those in the know. Rich get richer, poorer get poorer.

Sorry if you thought I was having a dig all everyone on the dole.  I wasn't but it makes my blood boil when I see some people on the dole apparently better off that a working person becasue you know they are fiddling the system. I am lucky in that I do work but some times I wonder why I stress myself out working to keep the wolf from the door

Declan

sweeper

• Full Mayhemer
  • When all else fails, read the instructions
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2011, 11:57:33 am »

It's easy to give knee jerk answers (arm police - lethal force etc.). A more positive move could be to drop the EU Human Rights Act and revert back to the "old" system such as was practiced some years ago. Those of a certain age will remember the methods used in (for example) The Isle of Man. A small touch of corporal punishment in the form of the birch. It stopped the hard lads from Glasgow in their tracks when they tried it on while on holiday. Of course it was banned by the EU as it "infringed the rights" of the wrong doers.
The simple lessson to these people is that if they offer violence to society then they must expect that same society will match it. Yes, the birch is painful but, according to the authorities that ran the system, it was more of a humiliation to the offenders.
As has been seen and heard on the media, it is easy to provide excuses such as poor backgrounds, education and the like. Many of the people using this forum will have had a similar life. I, for one, left school (a secondary modern) with no qualifications (you had to be a grammar school pupil to rise to those dizzy heights) and had to gain my education the hard way ie three nights a week at classes. Go out on the streets at night time to create mayhem? We were lucky to have time to breathe!
Sheer bloody minded determination got us out of the mess, along with another ten years of study. Having spent a good part of my working life dealing with this younger generation I found that the majority only wanted the wages offered (either by employers or state handouts) but certainly shied away from the concept that you had to work to get those gains.
A very sad state that this country has ended up with.
Regards.

philk

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2011, 12:06:10 pm »

sweeper. good idea about dropping the human rights act and bringing back real punishments. better still drop the whole eu that way british people might be able to get a job in there own country.

phil

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2011, 01:50:35 pm »

sweeper. good idea about dropping the human rights act and bringing back real punishments. better still drop the whole eu that way british people might be able to get a job in there own country.

phil

Yes, but who would harvest the food grown in East Anglia?
The indigenous population jobseekers refuse to do it.

Ned
Royal Navy 1959-1982
Worked ever since and retiring at the end of the month after
a working life of 52 years
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

pettyofficernick

« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2011, 03:39:19 pm »

I have just seen footage of some Manchester Police seemingly jump on a ,looter, quite vigorously, do gooders are allready complaining about 'heavy handed' police tactics, WHAT ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO DO? one of the reasons for the escalation of this madness is that the police are frightened to react appropriately for fear of being castigated for undue use of force. We need to get out of the human rights nonsense spouted by the europhiles, what about the rights of the people who have lost businesses, had their shops and workplaces trashed, and have suffered trauma at the hands of these louts. I spend a lot of my spare time working with youngsters ( I am an adult volunteer in the Sea Cadet Corps) not all kids are bad, those I work with would not dream of getting involved in the sort of thing we have witnessed these past few days. there are many organisations like the SCC, but a lot of kids seem to pour scorn on them. I was working with a bloke a while ago, who upon hearing about my cadet activities remarked ' I wouldn't let my kids join something like that and have them turned into sissies' just about sums up the attitude of some people. What chance have we got to show our youth a better way with parental attitudes like that? It makes my blood boil, it really does. >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( <*< <*< <*< <*<

dpbarry

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2011, 04:57:02 pm »

Yes, but who would harvest the food grown in East Anglia?
The indigenous population jobseekers refuse to do it.

Ned
Royal Navy 1959-1982
Worked ever since and retiring at the end of the month after
a working life of 52 years

Wot!! You going to start sponging off us now by asking for a pension? Shame on you.  {-) {-) {-)

Well done and a Happy Retirement.

Declan

Dekan

« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2011, 05:03:41 pm »

It's no good complaining... nobody in the social elite would listen, as most of us are not part of the political/media circle that now govern this country...we obviously did not take media studies at uni or belong to the right focus group...

Just to top this off... whats the betting after a discreet amount of time passes; Murdoch takes over BSB, the Sunday Sun is launched and Rebeka Brooks is welcomed back to the Murdoch fold....What no takers %)

matphoto

« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2011, 06:11:32 pm »

Cameron has no right to say that some parts of the country are sick and morals need to be improved.  >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( Just look at his history.

"The Bullingdon Club is a socially exclusive student dining club at Oxford University. The club has no permanent rooms and is notorious for its members' wealth and destructive binges.  <*< <*< <*< <*<

gingyer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2011, 06:20:48 pm »

I don't know if you have heard of the e-petition to have anyone on benfits caught rioting
to have all benefits stopped?
apparently if it gets 100,000 signatures it has to be debated in parliment it has 78,000 at present
I tried but apparently due to high demand cant get access
but here is the link

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions?order=desc&sort=count&state=open

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2011, 06:45:13 pm »

Dear All,

We must not forget the three people who were killed whilst trying to protect their shops/businesses in the Midlands.

When they ultimately catch the miscreants who killed these people, there is only one proper sentence... However, they will probably get so called life and then be out in seven years.....   >>:-( >>:-( >>:-(

Regards, Bernard

balders

« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2011, 08:09:19 pm »

Hi Gingyer,

Just tried the link to government website and I could,nt log in to sign up.A timeley fault me thinks!

pettyofficernick

« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2011, 08:11:41 pm »

same here, couldn't get to the fishfight one either
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.