Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: converting a 40 mhz futaba tx??  (Read 3218 times)

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
converting a 40 mhz futaba tx??
« on: August 14, 2011, 07:33:14 pm »

I have a 40 mhz futaba 4ex transmitter. Is there any way I can Add channels to it, ie a forward/reverse proportional dial, and some extra switches on off etc?
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

Timo2

Re: converting a 40 mhz futaba tx??
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 08:03:04 pm »

Hi

Buy new 2.4 it will be cheaper    O0

Timo2

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 08:41:33 pm »

no can do.....2.4 dont work underwater!!!, I have all the parts, just need to know if its possible and how!
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 09:16:30 pm »

Best idea would be to contact the service people for the radio, not sure but is it Ripmax now? there is an independent chap who could advise too, can't think of his name at the minute, clubmate of mine (aircraft) had a problem with an FF7 TX, he phoned them and was sorted out in no time.

not much help am I !  {:-{

Jb.

XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

CF-FZG

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 09:51:54 pm »

Best idea would be to contact the service people for the radio, not sure but is it Ripmax now? there is an independent chap who could advise too, can't think of his name at the minute, clubmate of mine (aircraft) had a problem with an FF7 TX, he phoned them and was sorted out in no time.

Mike Ridley at http://www.modelradioworkshop.co.uk/  is the guy I think you're talking about :-))

Mark

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 10:08:35 pm »

Mike Ridley at http://www.modelradioworkshop.co.uk/  is the guy I think you're talking about :-))

Mark

Mark, yes that's him, my memory is not so good now!

I've been JR mostly and Spekky now so it's not on my list, how's things on rcmf...I've stayed away for the duration...no comment eh %%

JB.
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

CF-FZG

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 11:52:56 pm »

I've been JR mostly and Spekky now so it's not on my list, how's things on rcmf...I've stayed away for the duration...no comment eh %%

JB.

Hi, fairly quiet for me over there, too much activity in 'The Pub', 'Photo club', and not enough modelling going on <*<  A lot of the 'old hands' have dissappeared or post rarely now.

Mark

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 04:55:50 am »

Hi, fairly quiet for me over there, too much activity in 'The Pub', 'Photo club', and not enough modelling going on <*<  A lot of the 'old hands' have dissappeared or post rarely now.

Mark

Agreed! I somehow managed to get dragged in and got fed up with it, its good on here plenty of modelling to study, I'm keen on the steam section at the moment, I can't do any myself just now but I really enjoy looking at others efforts and it gives me some motivation to think about having a go myself.

Cheers  :-))

John.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.