Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: intro  (Read 2175 times)

Darts

intro
« on: August 08, 2011, 10:03:47 pm »

I too am a new member who has recently joined. I have only built a few boats, Billings Mary Ann, Nortlight puffer and just finished a steam drifter, but my latest on the slip is the Maggie M. I do hope that those out there can help me before I commence the build as I would like to make it INS 97 Brereton/ INS 77 Advance II. The problem for me is that there are differences in the wheelhouses and I am not sure as to where to go for any plans of this area to help me build the correct wheelhouse.

Minime

Re: intro
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 12:01:21 am »

Welcome to the forum Darts. Hopefully you'll enjoy staying here. Oh and upload some pictures of your boats, we all love pictures.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 11:57:18 am »

Welcome to the Forum Darts.

Hopefully members will be able to help you. I, myself have tried a search on your behalf but have draw a blank.  if you could come up with some pictures then we would love to see them

regards

ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

Darts

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 06:37:37 pm »

Thank you both for your kind words of welcome. As requested I am posting 4 pics of 4 of the boats I have build myself. The destroyer is a plan and hull only with everything else build in plastic, resin, plywood and photo-etch. I do hope they are up to the standards of others on the forum. Dochas is gaelic for "Hope". The steam drifter is a generic representation of a Scottish boat and thankfully those who served on these boats have given her the ok. Mary Ann for my first boat many years ago.

Minime

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 09:18:30 pm »

those are lovely, I just hope that my build reaches a similar quality.

Darts

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 05:09:50 pm »

Thank you Minime, but I have a confession to make I actually uesd to build and fly r/c aircraft, still fly now and then,  and only got into this part of the hobby because of my ex. She always wanted a puffer built for her, thankfully not the one pictured here. By the way the lights on both the puffer and the drifter work and I have even sailed the puffer at night just for the experience. My standard of building is getting better so obviously the more you do the better the quality becomes.

Minime

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 05:29:22 pm »

ah, got any pictures of the night sailing?

Darts

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 10:02:26 am »

Only a couple but as I used flash nav lights dont show up well. Have also now fitted working mast head light. Have also included picture of both boats with lights on in my darkened shed.

Minime

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 12:28:58 pm »

ah nice, the ones in the shed show the lights nicely, has convinced me I need lights too, although mine will probably be leds.

Darts

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 08:57:15 pm »

Have posted a request on Trawler forum to see if I can get any drawings or pictures of the boat i hope to build. If I get any response will let you know as I have some conversion work to be done before I can even start the build proper.

Darts

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 04:57:06 pm »

Hi Ken, a gentleman over on Trawler Photo Forum has come up with several photos of a sister boat but not the one I am building. However they show basically what I needed to know about the wheelhouse area so that will help alot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 23 queries.