Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thrown out boat  (Read 1775 times)

JohnfromWales

Thrown out boat
« on: August 17, 2011, 08:55:13 pm »

Hello,I'm new to this site.

I found a model boat that had been thrown out,and it's quiet old,40's 50's maybe?

I would like to restore it,but have no idea of the scale,or type.If I post a photograph or two,do you think somebody could help?

pugwash

Re: Thrown out boat
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 09:01:34 pm »

Welcome John - just post the pics and we will see.

Geoff

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 10:03:51 pm »

Welcome. As said please post a few pictures.Ask away question wize. Can i suggest you vist your local boat
club? Take your boat im sure your be welcombed. John.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 11:41:21 am »

Hello,I'm new to this site.

I found a model boat that had been thrown out,and it's quiet old,40's 50's maybe?

I would like to restore it,but have no idea of the scale,or type.If I post a photograph or two,do you think somebody could help?

Hi John

Yes, we love pictures and to help you further can I quote the following ---

Members are encouraged to give a brief indication of their location as this often allows Members nearby to help each other and can also assist when recommending clubs or suppliers. Your profile can be readily amended, by adding a location which does not reveal your precise address.

Hope this helps,

ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

JohnfromWales

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 02:59:15 pm »

Thanks for the replies gents.I forgot to mention that the "boat" is actually only a hull,so the decks and super structure have gone.
I don't even know if it was originally a sailing boat,or motorised,but anyway here are some pics. I've included a pack of superkings in one or two to give some idea of scale.

It is constructed of ply,and the portholes are not original,but it looks to have had four "stuck on" portholes towards the bow originally.
Do you think it's worth saving?

pugwash

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 04:51:25 pm »

Personally I would say no it isn't.  You could probably do a better job yourself even if you are new to model making.
At least then you would know the wood is sound and new and the glue up to the job.
But others may have a different opinion.

Geoff

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 07:44:42 pm »

If its worth saving is your choice.As long as the hull is sound then you have a basis to build on.Also this could be a chance to try your skills.If things do go wrong then the cost is low.Give it a go,good luck. John.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 22 queries.