Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Work boat  (Read 1306 times)

David Smith

Work boat
« on: August 18, 2011, 02:52:15 pm »

Hi Iam looking for some advice before purchasing.
I have a job to do inspecting bridges and I am thinking along a remote control boat.
Would need to carry approx 1.5 kilo's of weight also draging a cable which i would have to use some sort of float to stop it sinking and pulling on the craft.
Any input would be grateful.
David.

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Work boat
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 08:18:25 pm »

Is it your intention to purchase a ready made boat or do you fancy building one yourself. ?

My first reaction was a Tug boat, as these are designed for pulling and would would do the job admirably.

Have a look on Mayhem's opening page for a comparison list of manufacturers models and see what you fancy.   :-))

Ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 09:18:16 pm »

On a real life river, there is a good chance that the water will be flowing, and swirling, at a thoroughly unhealthy rate for a conventional model.  A motorized, radio controlled full size kayak might be nearer the mark.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield

nick_75au

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 10:38:34 pm »

If the wire is only to carry the video signal, a wireless AV sender would be better, as you are probably not going to more than 100 metres from your launch site a domestic unit might be sufficient. I am currently setting up a boat with the gear and should get 1Klm or more.

Nick

David Smith

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 03:40:26 pm »

Thanks for the comments,Kayak I think will be to big for the job, Wire controls pan tilt lights ect. What about a barge?
pondering next move.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.