Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fleetscale  (Read 1720 times)

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
Fleetscale
« on: August 19, 2011, 02:17:26 pm »

Not sure if this should go in Traders section or that is just for traders to post in!

I read they were having a new website and this would be set up soon but, are they changing the URLs?

The URL for the main site http://fleetscale.com/pages/index.html/ brings up a page 'Just another world press site' and the forum URL does the same. Or have they closed down as well!?

brianc

Re: Fleetscale
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 04:45:36 pm »

Fleetscale have a new webmaster and are in the process of updating/renewing their website.
The forum has also closed down  http://fleetscale.wordpress.com/

bobk

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 04:51:56 pm »

That may be just a holding page for the company that hosts the web site.  Personally, when redesigning web sites I get everything tested on my local PC, then clear down the host files and upload the complete set of new files.  Takes about ten minutes, and best done in the wee small hours when your visitor traffic is lowest.  Even when changing host company it is best to put the new files on both the old and new IP hosts so when Nominet switches it over it will look seemless.  In any case do not shut the old site content until the new is ready to roll.

I can't understand why a popular web site goes offline 'for updates' or just sits there with an 'under contruction' label.  

brianc

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 05:07:29 pm »

Yep, I agree, but judging by the "pecipitate action" comment and rumours flying around, there has been an acrimonious parting of the ways between the former webmaster and the company {:-{

Lets hope it sorts itself out and the website returns soon :-))

bobk

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 05:11:41 pm »

I agree.  Fleetscale have many nice warship kits I like the look of.   O0

Fleetcom

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 11:56:08 am »

Even when changing host company it is best to put the new files on both the old and new IP hosts so when Nominet switches it over it will look seemless.  In any case do not shut the old site content until the new is ready to roll.

I can't understand why a popular web site goes offline 'for updates' or just sits there with an 'under contruction' label. 

As the former webmaster I absolutely agree with that comment. I decided I did not wish to continue and at the same time, due to my complete loss of interest due to "certain issues" - for some months - they had an "offer they could not refuse". I said I would keep the website going to the end of the month but the "precipitate" action was to transfer the domain names and change the IPN so all the old stuff including the forum were no longer available. The forum that had almost 400 members and significant build threads has gone. It remains to be seen whether the new forum will gain support when the "plug can be pulled" at a whim.

I know how rumours spread around the model boat fraternity so I thought I would set the record straight.

I am in the process of creating a new website so I can continue supplying ship pictures on CD for model warship builders, Ex MOD paint and some other unique products.

The URL is : http://www.websanon.com/zen

Fleetcom

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 01:51:55 pm »

For IPN (above post) read DNS = domain name server.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 22 queries.