Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IN A DILEMMA  (Read 2532 times)

nhp651

IN A DILEMMA
« on: August 20, 2011, 09:44:30 pm »

Last week whilst on hols in the uk, i and my family went into a small harbour side cafe........UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT was posted in the window.
we were a little early for opening time as the proprietor was still putting tables and chairs out on the pavement.

as we looked at the menu's my daughter looked down to the floor and nudged me.....i looked down to see a brown cockroach scurrying across the floor.

we left rather quickly as the proprietor told us that they weren't open for another ten minutes.

Bearing in mind that they are new owners of the business and have probably sunk their life savings into the place......do i

a] send a note to them privately that of what i saw and suggest that they get a pest control company to sort it out, or

b] go in heavy handed and tell the area council environmental health of what i saw and risk them closing the place down for these new owners who probably don't even know they have a problem with pests.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO........ {:-{ {:-{ {:-{

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: IN A DILEMMA
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 09:49:34 pm »

I would use option a myself and see how he takes the news, if he kicks off go to option b.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 09:55:27 pm »

Well, I wouldn't go back that's for sure! myself I'd forget about it and look forward to the next best thing and not cause myself the stress, pub up the road from us has just had a change of management...yet again %)

The health department called and found the kitchen not quite up to the required standard, not eaten there myself...fortunately...

I'm good in the kitchen so I think I'll stick to it :}

JB.
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

snowwolflair

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 09:56:53 pm »

It depends if the Cockroach was running before the Rat got it!   :o

I would start with a)

ixion

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 09:57:00 pm »

As the owner of a food outlet myself I would go for option A. If they have just taken over the business they will get a visit from the enviromental health soon anyway.

snowwolflair

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 10:03:09 pm »

When I lived in Hong Kong I lived in a spotless flat on the twelth floor of a modern building.  Cleaner came in twice a week and all the drains got dissinfectant daily.

Every Saturday afternoon we would empty a full can of "Knock Down" into the flat ane swiftly leave for a few hours and when we got back there were always dead cockroaches on the floor.

They are not easy to get rid of no mater how clean you are, and people forget that they fly.

mikearace

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 10:07:43 pm »

Well if he had been on the messdeck we would have looked for a mate and raced them using the beercan cards as the tote!!

nhp651

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 10:08:58 pm »

It depends if the Cockroach was running before the Rat got it!   :o

I would start with a)

{-) {-) {-) {-) {-) {-)

think i'll go with concensus and option a

thanks lads.
neil.

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 10:10:37 pm »

Don't put your full address on the note...!

XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

nhp651

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 10:17:50 pm »

i'll phone them.......hate annonymous notes..shows no guts, lol. :-)) :-)) :-))

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 10:20:23 pm »

Yes a good idea, I would even do a 'face to face' if possible and I felt it appropriate.

:-))

JB.

RaaArtyGunner

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 10:59:57 pm »

They are not easy to get rid of no mater how clean you are, and people forget that they fly.

Absolutely spot on.

Cockroach treatment is overrated and infestations occur in the cleanest of environments.
What is not known is that they cannot be eradicated.
All you can do is reduce the infestation and mange it, but not eliminate them.
Their eggs are immune to normal treatments but they can be destroyed by steam cleaning, which used to be carried out in commercial kitchens, but is not practical to do in domestic premises.
Also you can fumigate a floor of a building or area but they will leave the space and return later via drains/ducts etc.

So don't lose too much sleep about cockies.

craftysod

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 11:03:07 pm »

That was probably your food leaving in a hurry,seen state of kitchen,
I agree with choice A,give them a chance to sort the problem out and not risked of closing down.
Mark

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 07:22:19 am »

Id give them an a Neil.Sadly like rats these little beasts are everyware Pest control works but can never totally remove the problem.Apart from that i hope your holiday went well with not too much rain. John.

nhp651

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2011, 10:58:15 am »

with not too much rain. John.

I'd almost grown webbed feet by the end of it......up to us going up three saturdays ago the weather had been brilliant.

however it was all put into the past by Iain Crosbie and I finally meeting up after 6 - 7 years conversing by phone and email and he took us out for a lovely sail on his 70' ex RNLI Clyde class lifeboat on a two hour trip around the island of Cumbrae IT WAS MAGNIFICENT and the highlight of our holidays.....a dream I had had for many a summer holiday up there.............a lovely man and a fantastic lifeboat..........I had a good long steer of her until my daughter (age 12) took over at the helm and did a better job of it than me.........my other daughter had her eye on the depth sounder watching for the shoals of fish which fascinated her........ we even caught site of a pod of porpoises shadowing us.........like a nature movie.
a lovely experience and one to be treasured.
Thanks Iain
neil
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 22 queries.