Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Down

Author Topic: My 12 foot Gato class submarine!  (Read 247979 times)

Martin [Admin]

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Re: My 12 foot Gato class submarine!
« Reply #525 on: July 21, 2015, 10:50:46 pm »

Post your build John... no one build anything exactly the same.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

salmon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #526 on: July 22, 2015, 09:41:50 am »

You already mentioned you did mods to the sub, so your sub is different. Put the build out here so we all can learn! Please.
If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

timgarrod

• Full Mayhemer
    • Alvaston Pirates Model Boat Club
« Reply #527 on: July 22, 2015, 10:39:22 am »

I have been lucky enough to see it different stages. Done a really good job so far. I post a photo later of it sat on top of the big one.

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #528 on: July 22, 2015, 08:13:11 pm »

HI Martin
       Hope you are well, i have not took any photos of the Engel sub yet but will have to see what i can do thanks for coming back with reply.
      All the best John

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #529 on: July 22, 2015, 08:18:06 pm »

HI Salmon
      With re-guards to Engel Gato have been trying to build 2 new model planes which i have now finished and the Gato as well, have been trying to cut corners so thought that not doing a build log would save time  as i have gone mad building stuff at the moment thanks for reply
                        All the best Sub John

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #530 on: July 22, 2015, 08:28:02 pm »

HI Tim
       Didn't know if the pictures that you took of the Engel Gato sat on top of the big Gato turned out OK, as from what i can remember it looked small sat on top of the hull of the big sub. What i will say after cutting out all the vents on the deck of the small Gato it seemed to take for ever and i must confess i was fed up with it at the end, have done quite a bit to it since you last saw it making Stern guard for the back of the sub where the props are it took quite a bit of time to make but the end result makes it worth while, must confess the small lath that Garry gave me has made life allot easier to make bits
     All the best John

timgarrod

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #531 on: July 22, 2015, 09:06:30 pm »

not great, but here you go

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #532 on: July 26, 2015, 07:55:01 pm »

HI Tim
      The Engel Gato looks small sat on top of the big sub i suppose the pictures did not turn out to bad with the light not being very good in the garage. I am struggling to do anything since Thursday after having Gizmo put to sleep saddest day of our life's he was part of the family.
                         All the best John

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #533 on: December 24, 2015, 08:01:18 pm »

I would like to wish every one a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year  hopefully will be-able to take the big sub to some of the shows, and it should not be long before the Engel Gato will be up and running so that will be going to some shows as well. So I'm looking forward to the up coming shows for 2016

All the best Sub John   

salmon

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #534 on: December 24, 2015, 10:42:30 pm »

John,
Merry Christmas!
Have a blessed time with family and be safe on New Years!
Peace,
Tom
If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #535 on: February 09, 2016, 11:18:42 pm »

HI Guys
      Don't know if any of you have seen what some people are doing with ARDUINO boards, on youtube they are showing radar units using software running off Arduino. One of the videos that i saw on youtube showed you the radar screen working on a lap top screen and had also got LCD screen showing you distance to target so i decided to go out and buy one of the Arduino mega adk board and have a go but the original unit works off 40khz TX and RX sonic heads, what the plan is to change this in to a real radar system i know how to make this work using microwave electronics there is a few bands that you can use and it would be legal to do it. There is a few technical problems to iron out but i could not see why you could not build it and put it in the 12ft submarine and can not see why you would not be able to use it for sonar as well as radar, have got all the unit working on the bench at the moment and must say that i have had to stop doing my Engal Gato as i got to interested in doing this so it should be very interesting to see how it turns out. With all the miniature electronics that are available it makes it possible to do this with a bit of look
                          All the best Sub John

timgarrod

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #536 on: April 08, 2016, 07:01:58 pm »

The Beast has been let loose for the weekend. Come down and see it in person at the coalville model boat show.

P.S Thank John & Pauline.

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #537 on: April 08, 2016, 08:28:40 pm »

HI Tim
      See you took some pictures of the beast, it does look quite big in the pictures it was a lot of work to get it ready and to get it there. hope to see you tomorrow afternoon should be there around 14.00 hours i noticed that there was a lot of people was supprised on how big it was.
                         All the best John

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #538 on: July 02, 2016, 10:19:10 pm »

HI All
              I have decided to get rid of the moulds for the 12FT sub they will be going to Mark at Marks model bits so if any one is ever interested in having  one Mark is going to make some hulls and decks but i think they will be made to order
        All the best John

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #539 on: July 03, 2016, 10:03:00 am »

HI All
              I have decided to get rid of the moulds for the 12FT sub they will be going to Mark at Marks model bits so if any one is ever interested in having  one Mark is going to make some hulls and decks but i think they will be made to order
        All the best John

Probably a wise decision, JR...these big boats have a habit of turning into a white elephant, like my 9' U boat. They look terrific out on the water, but it requires a military operation to take them out for an afternoon's sailing.
Rich

K-157 Vepr. Akula-II (project 971U)
---------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~  "Motorflotes need love too...."  ~~~~~~~

MotorFlote build log : http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15222.0.html

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #540 on: July 04, 2016, 09:10:30 pm »

HI Rich
      You couldn't be more right trying to get organized to take this 12FT sub out is a night mare if people doesn't turn up it does get to be hard work, it's bad enough trying to get the Engel Gato into the back of the car had to think about getting rid of the moulds as we are thinking about moving.
  All the best John

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #541 on: September 10, 2016, 03:05:19 pm »

HI Guys
    I have just brought a phantom 4 quadcopter what a piece of kit it is some of the things you can access like active track you can draw a square around your self on the tablet screen and the phantom 4 will just follow you around, and i must say it is very strange to have it following behind going every where that you walk. What i am hoping to do with this is get it to follow the submarine on the water and should get some really good video shots, it has got a 4k camera fitted with full gimble control of camera some people have had problems trying to fly over water but you have to turn off some of the sensors but it will be interesting to try. I flow this in sport mode the other day and it does around 45 miles per hour.
                All the best John

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #542 on: December 24, 2016, 02:39:33 pm »

HI GUYS
            I thought i would put this on hear first is there any one out there who knows of a piece of water or lake with a slip way that i would be-able to take my 12ft Gato submarine and sail it and be-able to film it with a Phantom 4 Quadcopter, one of the problems is you have to be so far away from people or property to be safe flying it of course in case if any thing goes wrong  with the Phantom 4 plus you would also need promission to be-able to fly it there.

Where i used to sail it you now have to be in the model boat club which i am not plus you would not be-able to fly the Phantom 4 because it is a park and to close to the public when flying it

Big Ada

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #543 on: December 24, 2016, 05:56:59 pm »

Well, the 1st thing is where do you live in the World, then we could help you find suitable waters.
Add your Location to your Profile.
Merry Christmas.

Len.

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #544 on: December 25, 2016, 01:42:21 pm »

Hi Len
        My Location is Loughborough Leicestershire UK about 3 miles off junction 23 on the M1

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you Len

And a Merry Christmas to every body on mayhem

Sub John

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #545 on: December 25, 2016, 01:47:46 pm »

And the same back to you and Pauline, JR...have a great time, old friend.
Rich

MotorFlote build log : http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15222.0.html

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #546 on: December 25, 2016, 07:07:39 pm »

HI Rich
    Thanks for the seasons greetings hope you are well, sorry to say that i have not done much sailing the last few months tour a hole in my tendents and i have never had pain like it at one point i didn't know if i was going to have to have it operated on with it trapping my sciatic nerve in my leg but glad to say it is allot better now. But ever since my leg pain i have just had to leave the Engel sub on the garage floor i have been thinking about getting rid of it but Pauline does not seem keen on me selling it.

All the best Sub John

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #547 on: December 28, 2016, 10:53:19 am »

Ye God's,  JR...I can't leave you on your own for five minutes, can I...you are not safe!

Sorry to hear about your tales of woe,  I don't get to use the Akula that much, but I could never sell it. Hoping to get to Bournville this coming year, and Norwich is a certainty.

Best you go and lay down in a dark room now... %)

Happy New Year to you and Pauline...take it easy,  that's an order  ;D
Rich

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #548 on: December 28, 2016, 01:41:45 pm »

HI Rich
       You are right about tales of woe it's a shame i have not took the Engel out much as it does work really well now i have ironed out all the gremlins. Haven't done any work on the big Gato fitting any more electronics, have got to the point if i can not take it out and sail it there is not much point doing any more on it sorry to say.

I seem to have gone back into flying planes and drones would like to go to Bournville but every time i say I'm going to go some thing allways stops me from going i would like to go to Norwich but it is a long way to go for a few hours and take the big sub.

Some where on hear there is a picture of the big Bosc Monitor Repital that Pauline got me but he is getting to big to carry he is all most the same size as Pauline but as soft as muck he must be a stone and a half now Pauline calls him BOZILLA. He is why we can not stop the night any where can not leave him all night on his own he would distroy his viv he has already ript one piece to bits and that was because we went out for 2 hours and left him.

Have a Happy New Year Sub John

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #549 on: January 01, 2018, 09:38:15 pm »

HI Guys                                                                                                                                                                                                               I  Would like to wish everybody a Happy New Year                                                                                                                                                  All the best Sub John
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 22 queries.