The Shipyard ( Dry Dock ): Builds & Questions > Submarines

My 12 foot Gato class submarine!

<< < (121/125) > >>

sub john:
Hi Salmon
     Glad you find it interesting i think i have just about got Jonathan pulling his hair out 

Catch you soon John

C-3PO:

Found this picture of sub john's 12 foot Gato sub - it shows the scale of the scratch build now 30 odd years old...

What is doesn't show is the amazing "whistles, bells and kitchen sink" that are contained inside.

sub john is currently working on a sonar | lidar | radar project - one of them hopefully will work if not all three...

sub john:
HI Jonathan
    Just a bit of a up date on the sonar, have got the sonar head to work under water in the bath sending back distance to LCD screen. People have said that you cannot get it to work in a bath or a tub of water but it can be done it does work but what a pain in the neck it has been. Car parking sensor board that i have used is AJ-SRO4M only had to add 1 componant to the board to get it to work but once moded the board will not work in air but it now works in water which is what i won't for the sonar i can now see the light at the end of the tunnel
                   All the best John

ScottW:
Cool stuff. Very cool stuff.
 8)
But mostly ...
I'm thinking ...
Imagine the rubber band you could put in that thing and the winder you'd need for it ... :} ;)

sub john:
HI Scott
     I think you would need a very big rubber band to power this

Glad you liked it    John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version