Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25   Go Down

Author Topic: My 12 foot Gato class submarine!  (Read 248429 times)

timgarrod

• Full Mayhemer
    • Alvaston Pirates Model Boat Club
Re: My 12 foot Gato class submarine!
« Reply #475 on: May 12, 2014, 09:27:13 pm »

what would be impressive  :-)) ,

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #476 on: May 13, 2014, 05:41:52 pm »

HI Tim
          Yes it will be impressive because it will open up a hole new development for model submarines control for  under water all you will do is throw a transducer in to the water and that is what you will transmit to the sub with will work in fresh water or salt will have to see how it goes
                                       Sub John

timgarrod

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #477 on: June 01, 2014, 10:11:11 pm »

Quick video of the sub underwater. hope you enjoy it.
Sure the wader's had a hole in them John  {-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DKKsWHf-rw

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #478 on: June 02, 2014, 06:41:46 pm »

HI Tim
        Thanks for coming over on Sunday to give me a hand in taking the sub out and a big thanks to Tony as well i would not be-able to take it out with out your help. Thought the underwater shots looked good but wish the water was not like pea soup me and the misses spent 2 hours trying to get all that white stuff off the sub its a lot like cotton wool. Hows your hand after trying to crush it getting the sub out of the trailor can not beleive we had problems with my camcorder have just been back to the shop where i got it from and they have no batterys for it in stock they are only £3.99 on ebay will have to get one. Main problem was the springs in side the battery box in side the camcorder where not sticking out enough to make contact with the batteries
                      Sub John

timgarrod

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #479 on: June 09, 2014, 10:16:28 pm »

Got the all the video on the weekend, there three parts so please grap coffee and enjoy :)  and select 720p

http://youtu.be/xZA1urdQWnI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKIS9C6ZliA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPSNwwWcRAI

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #480 on: June 10, 2014, 06:56:48 pm »

HI Tim
     Just got Pauline hear watching the video's that you did and she thinks you have done a fantastic job, many thanks from me for doing the videos still have not had a look at the video recorded from the sub sent back on the radio link on to hard drive, have got to have a look just to see what it came out like. I was just glad that i did not have any more problems with the bush on the back hydroplanes as it was starting to be a pain in the back end, now the leveller circuit seems to work better now that i have given it more gain on the circuit board. It was a shame we did not get the sub on camera going around at periscope depth but seeing as the camcorder only wonted to work now and again I'm supprized you got as much videoing as you did if it plays up again it will go in the lake
                              Many thanks John

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #481 on: June 10, 2014, 07:08:15 pm »

Well done Tim and John...excellent footage.. I sat down with a nice cuppa and really enjoyed watching it.

Rich

Rich

K-157 Vepr. Akula-II (project 971U)
---------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~  "Motorflotes need love too...."  ~~~~~~~

MotorFlote build log : http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15222.0.html

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #482 on: June 10, 2014, 07:22:43 pm »

HI Rich
  Thanks for coming back with reply glad you enjoyed the video's like i said it was a pity we did not get more videoing than we did  but hopefully we will get more videoing next time one thing i have not said is that the sonar that i put in the sub for the depth and contour of the lake sent back on radio link to bank side worked a treat which i was pleased about. The time involved in doing some of the electronics seem to go on for ever but it's nice when it works at the end as i do get a buzz out of it
       Thanks again John

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #483 on: June 10, 2014, 08:12:16 pm »

Glad to hear it, John...must be a good feeling when everything works after all that hard work. What's next?

Rich
Rich

MotorFlote build log : http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,15222.0.html

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #484 on: June 11, 2014, 06:07:08 pm »

HI Rich
       You asked what's next, need to get a piston tank sorted out so i can interface it with that control board i made as it seems a shame to leave it just sitting on the shelf as it did work really well.

All so won't to drop back on to sonic link for controlling the sub but every time i go to start it some thing else crops up and the end result is i never seem to get back on to it. Sonic link will work on around 90KHZ i have managed to find some high powered pizo sensor's it you touch the column of water coming off it you can start to feel as if it is burning your fingers, i know what you are going to say don't touch it then it should be interesting to see where it goes. With playing around with sonar it has helped me find out a few use full things about sonar under water
                           All the best John

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #485 on: June 12, 2014, 04:30:22 pm »

John, you frighten the life out of me with all this stuff...are you saying that you'll be having a proper operational sonar onboard?

Are you going to Norwich, by the way? If yes, then I'll see you there, Ian and I are going up on the Sunday.

Rich
Rich

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #486 on: June 12, 2014, 07:47:10 pm »

HI Rich
       Trouble is i think a lot of people are scared off by the electronics, the sonar that is on at the moment will tell you depth under the keel of the sub and show you contour of the lake bottom as well. Plus hopefully the sub will have a form of sonar for controlling it your normal TX will just plug in to it by buddy lead socket on the side of the TX so it won't matter what frequency you are on as the RF coming out of the transmitter will not need to send out a signal only the code from it to tell the sonar what to do, you will still have full movement on servo's and switches.

It is not that difficult to have range finding  sonar trouble is this stuff takes time to develop and i must admit i do get a bit fed up with it my self so i do need to take a break from it. That's when the model planes come out and i go flying.

Trouble is for us to go to Norwich and take the sub is a 3-4 hour journey one way and to go there and back in one day for Pauline to drive is just to much. Other problem is we have 2 reptiles we have to be home for at night its a shame that it is that far a way. Plus i don't think i would be-able to get it in the water there any way.

When Tim came over to see it at my house i said to him see if you can pick the front up of the sub he could not even pick it up thought he was going to claps in a heap on the floor i don't think he could believe how heavy it was
          All the best John

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #487 on: June 12, 2014, 08:39:57 pm »

You know the extent of my knowledge of electronic things, John...I can plug a servo into a receiver, and that's as far as it goes. Shame you can't make Norwich, I'd like to have seen the monster again.

According to the RAC journey planner, it's a three hour plus journey from down here up to Norwich. It's been a while since I drove any distance like that, so I'll be sitting alongside Ian and reading from the pace notes...be like a co driver in a rally car!

Rich
Rich

IanPal

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem is Great!
« Reply #488 on: June 13, 2014, 09:05:04 am »

Ah so I can blame you when we get lost then Rich  {-)

Yes It's a shame you can't make it John, I like the sound of sonar, although I've still to build my first one, What's that saying, walk before you can run....

Come on Rich the clock is ticking and that Akula needs to be ready  ok2 

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #489 on: June 13, 2014, 07:16:45 pm »

HI Ian
      Well all i can say is if Rich is navigating you to Norwich you might end up in Skegness, i think you had better get the TOM-TOM out you might get there then sorry Rich.

Yes it is a shame if i can not make it to Norwich for the show when is it , i have just been talking to Pauline to see what we can sort out to see if we can get there
     All the best John

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #490 on: June 13, 2014, 07:31:26 pm »

HI Rich
      Fine on not knowing much about electronics i suppose it comes down to horses for courses I'm lucky i can do electronics and mechanics as well. Some one gave me a small lathe which i do enjoy messing around with  but sorry to say not that good at machining yet but getting there.

Whats this about building a new sub hopefully i will be building a smaller sub my self it will make life a lot easier to go out sailing best thing is when you can put it on the back seat of the car and not like moving 500LBS of 12FT monster, have got to say if it was not for my friends i would not be-able to take it out as it would be imposable for me and Pauline to take it out on our own
        All the best John

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #491 on: August 17, 2014, 03:33:11 pm »

HI Guys

Sorry for not beingable to take the sub to many shows, but i have been having serious problems with my heart over the last 9 months, all my electronic projects have had to go on the back burner. I have got to go in to hospital in the next few days for a triple heart bypass and all going well should be home with in 5 days, i must say all the staff at Glenfield hospital in Leicester have been great.

Happy building John

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #492 on: August 17, 2014, 03:41:06 pm »

Oh my good gawd, John...I wish you good luck with that. Keep your hands off the electronic gizmos that they seem to leave laying about in hospital wards, leave the nurses alone, and do as the doc tells you.

See you soon, me old mucker...

Rich
Rich

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #493 on: August 18, 2014, 09:07:17 pm »

HI Richard
      Must confess I'm not looking forward to this at all on Friday but got to go in to have it done. Have already been kissed by a few of the nurses and as for the gizmo's they won't let me near them i asked last week when i was in for 4 days.
                         All the best John

Davy1

• Full Mayhemer
  • Association of Model Submariners
« Reply #494 on: August 19, 2014, 08:35:25 am »

All the best, John!

Speak to you again soon.

David

U-33

• Full Mayhemer
  • K-157 Vepr. Akula-11
« Reply #495 on: August 19, 2014, 08:45:32 am »

Good luck John...put those nurses down, remember the blood pressure!

Rich
Rich

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #496 on: August 19, 2014, 09:12:31 pm »

HI David
       Thanks for all the best David hopefully i won't be in the hospital to long
        Sub John

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #497 on: August 19, 2014, 09:15:49 pm »

HI Richard
 Never mind the blood pressure thanks for the good luck.
       Sub John

sub john

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #498 on: September 04, 2014, 09:15:33 pm »

HI All
       Had my triple heart bypass and glad to say I'm back home, all i can say is i would not like to go through that again. Won't be able to take the sub out for a while but some thing to look forward to when i can.
      All the best Sub John

Subculture

• Full Mayhemer
    • Dive-in to Model submarines
« Reply #499 on: September 04, 2014, 09:30:50 pm »

Glad to hear you made it through the op, that's a major procedure. I'm sure you'll feel a lot better once you're fully recovered.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25   Go Up

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 22 queries.