Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FREELANCE UTILITY BOAT  (Read 2462 times)

mark w

FREELANCE UTILITY BOAT
« on: August 22, 2011, 03:05:19 am »

Hey out there

Thought I'd post a few pic's of a little project I just finished. While looking through a book on the history of Foss Towboat Co. in Washington state, I came across this little harbor work boat. Up on the shelf was a Krick "Borkum" steam launch hull I picked up several years ago. One thing led to another and this is the end result. Scale is 1/12th, windows and door are from the doll house world, all the rest of the fittings are from the parts box. The cabin is made of basswood, as is the deck. Power is a 12v Johnson motor with a old Astroflight forward only airplane speed control (that will take some getting use to)  {:-{. Battery is a 12v 4 amp gel sell. She runs great  :-).

Mark

Sven

• Full Mayhemer
Re: FREELANCE UTILITY BOAT
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 10:18:14 am »

Hello Mark,

looks very good !  Nice idear to use the old hull, even to take door and windows from dollhouse.  :-))

Sven

offshore1987

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 12:22:05 pm »

really really nice model, looks rather useful  :-))

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 12:32:37 pm »

Excellent finish, especially the desk!   :-)
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

mark w

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 01:05:30 am »

Thanks, guys. The table that the boat is on, and the larger one in the background were going to be for "clean work" (NOT PAINTING) only. Oh well  :o. This has proved to be a very good running and stable model  :-).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 22 queries.