Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Battle Class Sale  (Read 2130 times)

Tom@Crewe

• Full Mayhemer
My Battle Class Sale
« on: August 22, 2011, 08:09:24 am »

To Martin, Bob (Shipmate60) and Richard (Dickyd).

I posted my Battle Class in the Sales section a few weeks ago at £400 I only had one member reply on behalf of a mate of his, in the end his mate was not interested.

I then dropped the price to £330 and still no sale.

I then decided to sell it elsewhere which is working so I said the 'Sold subject to auction ending 30th Aug'

I had not broken any rules, I had not added a link or said where the boat was being sold, I was just letting members know the fact it was sold but if they were interested there was time to p.m. me to find out what was happening.

Then Dickyd came on to the thread and broke two of the 'Sale board rules'

7. No "Bumping." ( Please see: http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=23522.msg231363#msg231363  )

He clearly was not interested in buying the boat so his post just bumped it to the top of the list.

4. Ebay listings are not to be duplicated here without prior consent of a moderator.

He also then mentioned the name of where it is being sold.

This also resulted in in a discussion by other member agreeing that I had not broken the rules.

Now I assume Dickyd has reported it to the Moderator 'Shipmate60' (both in Southampton so I assume they know each other)

Shipmate60 then removed my post without telling me or getting my view, surely he should have only removed Dickyd's post for breaking the two rules!

Tom@Crewe

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: My Battle Class Sale
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 09:31:59 am »

I didn't come over on the last boat Tom.

If you've put your boat up for auction you wont have gone to Sotherbys will you ?

Yes, I do know Bob and I haven't been in touch with him for days. Also I have been moderated by Bob more than enough times.

You want to moan about the rules don't moan at me, it's Martins Forum.

You tried to pull a fast one and it didn't work, put it down to experience and move on.

Nice model by the way.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Tom@Crewe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 10:07:10 am »

I had not broken any rules, I had not added a link or said where the boat was being sold,

Mankster

• Full Mayhemer
  • Wheelerdealer
    • RC Model Submarines
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 10:20:04 am »

I dont think he was moaning at you DickyD, he was moaning about unfair moderation.
There is of course more than 1 UK online auction site where people can sell their stuff. And I agree, nice boat.

andyn

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 10:44:42 am »

"Bumping" in internet speak means posting 'Bump' in your own thread, nothing more. If you post anything but, even though it does push your thread up to the top it's not a bump.

regiment

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 11:37:59 am »

where is the other auction site could be cheaper tham ebay  thanks

MikeW

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 11:58:00 am »

eBid is definately cheaper. 3% and free listing instead of 10% +listing fees on eBay, or free of charge for life for a once only fee. Also you are not obliged to accept Paypal (which is another bunch of fees).

hollowhornbear

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 01:25:14 pm »

Quote from: Tom@Crewe on Today at 08:09:24 AM

I had not broken any rules, I had not added a link or said where the boat was being sold,

did i not see it although briefly in the seen on ebay thread as well as the for sales?
It is a nice ship all the same.

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 01:53:28 pm »

Tom,
Every so often we do get members who do not think that the rules apply to them.
Welcome to that club.
We have just had another similar "Discussion" 2 weeks ago.

The rules are simple if you want to sell a model on here sell it on here, if you want to sell it on ebay sell it there not BOTH.
This does not just include a link as you seem to think the Rules state Duplicated not a link.
We have had problems before where a member has thought he bought a model, but it was sold on ebay so to clear up any problems that rule was instigated and as far as possible enforced rigidly.

As to your last paragraph I do take exception to being accused of "collusion" between 1 member against another and find it offensive.

For your whole tone to Chingdevil and myself I am awarding you a Yellow Card.

I do not need a post to be reported to act, you brought that on yourself by your post about the sale date.
The publishing in open forum of a PM (private message) is considered extremely rude and can carry sanctions.

Bob

Officially a GOG.

Tom@Crewe

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 02:05:55 pm »

The tone of any post is down to the reader.

My discussion with Chingdevil was over another post altogether and before the one in sale's that's why I was careful to stay within the rules.

If you look as so not to duplicate the sale I did say it was Sold.

I do apologise for any offence given to anyone.

But I did not break the rules.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.