Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New To Modelling  (Read 2170 times)

Steve1961

New To Modelling
« on: August 22, 2011, 05:29:30 pm »

Hello to you all, I posted a topic in chit-chat but maybe I should have started here, This is my first time in this or any other forum.
Basically I started modelling many years ago with a Huntsman 46 I didn't finish her but plan to redo the kit after my second all time project which is the Robbe Atlantis, this was my 50th birthday present to myself.
She has been a challenge at times but I'm feeling the benefits already.

If there is anyone who has also completed the Huntsman I would be interested if they found a suitable motor(s) to get her to plane successfully.

Darts

Re: New To Modelling
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 07:06:57 pm »

You have done a really good job on the Atlantis better than the one I was given. A tip I was given if you do sail her is to leave off the small middle sail to get used to her that way first. It seemed to help because when she went on the water fully rigged and the wind was blowing she had the trailing tips of the sails in the water and still going along at a great rate of knots.

Steve1961

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 07:20:22 pm »

Thank you for that advice, it will be quite daunting on her first trip out.
One of the hardest things was thinking of a name for her, but as my mum passed away in June this year I thought in her memory I would call her Lady Marion.

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 09:15:05 pm »

Lovely work on the Atlantis :-))

I have a Huntsman but its the 34" glassfibre version, I haven't run this boat myself but it was fitted with a Graupner 700 BB Turbo 9.6v, as yours is larger I think you have to be looking at a brushless motor and of course Li-Po's, I have seen a video of a Sea Queen which is 46" with brushless motors and it went like stink! its on youtube somewhere, I'll try to find it.

In the meantime here's a link to my Huntsman on the water, not much help for your boat but gives some idea of what you will need..I.E. bigger than a 700..!

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=30457.0

JB.

Edit.. youtube video of Sea Queen 46"..motor info on the page. hope it works!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au6JQ7bopdE

More youtube, Huntsman this time, I.C. and electric power, lots to look at.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=huntsman+model+boat&aq=f
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

Steve1961

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 09:43:42 pm »

:-)Thank you for your comment on the Atlantis, I don't have the Hunstman anymore.
She got lost many years ago. But I always said I would build her again. Not sure whether do do the plywood or the grp hull.
First things first I must get one thing finished first. I have been looking for a sound module of a bell but it seems no one makes one yet.

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 09:48:58 pm »

The Huntsman kits are still available, wood or glass hull and in both sizes as the originals.

JB.
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries.