Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vosper MTB  (Read 3897 times)

BlueWotsit

• Full Mayhemer
Vosper MTB
« on: May 03, 2006, 06:22:07 pm »

Im tidying up a PRECEDENT kit of Malaysian K.D.PERKASA, which has been built as a Vosper "Brave Borderer" attack craft.

As built originally this kit has a single shaft, whereas I now want to install a further two shafts.

Does anyone know the positioning of the two outer shafts in relation to the existing original centre shaft on this model.

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Vosper MTB
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 10:43:34 pm »

Hi,
I have scratch built a Brave Borderer, I will look tomorrow to check the placing, but my failing memory tells me the props sit inline with the centre prop.
As a matter of interest, I have mine set up to manouver on the port and starboard motors, and when full speed is required, the centre motor kicks in at full revs - no speed controller, just full on. I use a single electronise esc for the p and s motors.

Ian
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

BlueWotsit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 09:05:49 am »

Hi Ian

Thanks for that, and the tips.

I was a little concerned that the built in single rudder would not be sufficient enough, and of course using the twin motors is a good solution. I was going to use Electronize myself, along with Torpedo 850 motors.

What scale and size did you make your ship, do you have any photos you can post

cheers
Andrew

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 09:30:20 am »

Hi,

I have found my origional plans and a perkasa booklet that I can mail to you if you send your address to my e mail: iank@mcintosh.tc

I would be grateful if you would return these when you are finished - there is no rush.

if you look at www.geocities.com/furnessmbc you will find a couple of pics of my Borderer on the water alongside a perkasa. I think the speed looks about right for the scale.

By the way, i use an electronize switching unit to kick in the centre motor.

The 3 motors are electronize 545 low drain. I get about 20 mins from 6v 4a lead acid for port and starboard motors, and 7.2v 4a nicads for the centre motor.

Ian
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

BlueWotsit

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 07:31:20 pm »

The pics look great, how did you decide on yellow tips for the torpedo ends, the ones that came with mine were red

What scale is your model ?

I like the scratch built yacht on the website, is that one of yours or the other members ?

Andrew
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.