Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: New from Prestwich Models  (Read 19370 times)

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
New from Prestwich Models
« on: March 12, 2007, 05:13:49 pm »

For those not on other forums....

Words not required, pictures speak for themselves, 51" so I guess 1300mm

omra85

Re: New from Prestwich Models
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 06:45:40 pm »

So DM's determined to keep his title then.
I wondered why he was still running tuned Zenoahs when CMB had brought out a 35cc sparky ???
I'm betting that's what's going in this!
With the price at £1300, it's no wonder he can't afford to buy the young lady a new pair of jeans ;D ;D
Danny

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 07:09:45 pm »

So DM's determined to keep his title then.
I wondered why he was still running tuned Zenoahs when CMB had brought out a 35cc sparky ???
I'm betting that's what's going in this!
With the price at £1300, it's no wonder he can't afford to buy the young lady a new pair of jeans ;D ;D
Danny
Why would he put a cmb or any other sparky in it when he mods a great zenoah,his zen 7 puts out 7.3 hp and beat boats running qd and cmb engines last year by 3 laps in a race in europe.ill bet you hes sticking another zen in it for sure.He told me on another site he made this one larger than the panther to make the boat more stable in rough water but made it very light too so ill bet its for his zen 7 .check it out here and read for yourself,not bad for a weedy engine when you consider this engine at under £350 can beat the cmb at nearly a thousand more.http://http://www.prestwich.ndirect.co.uk/zenoahmarineengines.htm

omra85

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 07:28:34 pm »

Hi Martin
You may be right!  Apart from your video, I've never seen one of his PUM's go.  I did see a bloke in Wales last year with the CMB (which I believe he had just rebuilt after only a few months) but boy, did that boat go!  In Dave's hands - if he could keep it running - it could be lethal.
An Aussie, now in the USA, seems to support your idea.  He seems to have every motor available (including some VERY tasty twins).
Have a quick drool - I did ;D ;D
http://p067.ezboard.com/frcdragboatsfrm14.showMessage?topicID=3.topic&index=32

Danny

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 07:42:19 pm »

Hi danny which ausie are you talking about? matt was it(justaddwata) hes got more boats than anyone ive ever seen hes posted pics of his garage and he has boats stacked from floor to ceiling .Hes also one of the more knowledgable guys on rcu and hes run every motor going i think.back to that zen 7 its the power to weight thing i guess as the zen is a very lite engine compaired to the qd and cmb gassers.i could be wrong but i think glenn has the zen 7 in his miami?.i know the americans find it hard to beleive dave can get 7.3 hp from his engine but maybe theyre jealous,he says the secret is a small prop to let the engine reach its maximum rpm as its a very high revving engine.im just recalling what i read on rcu anyway as it will be a while till i can afford a zen 7 lol  ::).

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 07:54:38 pm »

Yeah I got a Zen 7, it's currently  in the Miami I am bringing to Windermere.......

It so far (This is the kiss of death) has been a reliable motor, easy starting and revs a lot. Goes well. Amd fairly quiet. I am happy with it. To be honest, it is probably too good for the Miami.

Now with my quick release mounts it can go into more than one hull...

Hmm, need to stay away from here or Mr Marles may end up getting another call to liberate me of some wonga.

Glenn

chromedome

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 08:30:11 pm »

Danny to you ever compete North of the border?

chromedome

omra85

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 09:56:29 pm »

Hi Chromedome
I didn't know anybody raced "North of the Border". Windermere is as high as I get.
Years ago, when I was multi racing, there was a bloke called Jim Fairburn who used to drive down regularly. I think he even slept in his car :D  He's the only Scotsman I've met racing.
Are you offering to put an event on ??? ;D
Danny

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 12:16:13 am »

I have it on good authority that the boat will be running a Zen (as it has during shake down)..
Me, I run a Zen 7 it starts easy, revs hard and high. Glenn, I'm sure Dave would be only to pleased to lighten your wallet, £280 or thereabouts for epoxy I believe.

CMB sparky seems to have had a few teething troubles, most now solved reputedly. Other option could be the SG35 from Italy but that also has had teething troubles.

No competition for me, the nearest O race to me in Sweden is 6 hours away.......not enough time and hard to justify the money......

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 01:44:54 am »

Sure he would. That's not too dear really.  :D

I heard the CMB 35's had trouble initially with the ABC engine, now apparently all ringed and better. Interesting I was at Peterborough end of last year for a mooch and the Zen pull started first go, and was inthe water for the race in seconds, the CMB took about 20 seconds messing on with the starter etc. before it even fired.

Then the prop. shaft fell out before the boat hit the water -  not the engine's fault. All in the preparation young 'un....

It did make me smile though.

For the price the Zenoah is pretty good value for money.

Glenn.

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 09:10:42 am »

;D thats funny id love to have seen that guys face when the shaft fell out of the boat,imagine spending a grand on an over priced over hyped engine for that to happen.why pay that sort of money when a zen at a 3rd or less can do the buisness i know which one id opt for in fact when i can afford a zen thats whats going in my new build eventually ;).

chromedome

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 09:14:46 am »

NO Danny!!...just trying to learn a little bit more,but i don't see any 1/C boats up here.not allowed in our club.

chromedome

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 10:13:46 pm »

if they dont allow ic boats you should boycot the stuffed shirts and start yer own club!!.misserable old sods ,ive met a few of those over the years to last a lifetime.

kendalboatsman

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 10:46:20 pm »

if they dont allow ic boats you should boycot the stuffed shirts and start yer own club!!.misserable old sods ,ive met a few of those over the years to last a lifetime.

Quite often it isn't the "stuffed shirts" at a club but a restriction imposed by the local council!

Clive :)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 11:18:19 pm »

more stuffed shirts lol,in my experience its usually the stuffed shirts on the club board who get the ban enforced by complaining to the councill who were oblivious to the fact people were running ic boats.

cbr900

• Full Mayhemer
  • Mayhem is the Only Forum!
    • Roys Hompage
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 01:50:55 pm »

Ian Mate,

I would suggest you keep the young lady away from your boats, as it would appear that one has eaten her jeans, props are dangerous........ ;D ;D ;D

Roy
I try not to be naughty but nautical

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 04:53:44 pm »

Ian Mate,

I would suggest you keep the young lady away from your boats, as it would appear that one has eaten her jeans, props are dangerous........ ;D ;D ;D

Roy
thats dave marles boat and i presume his missus lol!!

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 05:46:22 pm »

It's definitely Dave's garage door at least, one of the better viewed garage doors in the world I would think, seems to appear on every new launch from Prestwich  ;D ;D ;D
Actually saw a similar pattern on a leg many years ago, Marine fell out the back of his boat without the deadman attached, not pretty :o

DaveMarles

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 04:02:11 pm »

The CMB 35 is too heavy.  I like my tuned Zenoah, fast, very reliable and lots of rpm. 
The jeans are called fashion. I'll spell it for you  F A S H I O N.
 That's my mechanic and my garage door. Michelle can't afford new unripped jeans, my prices are too low.  :)

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 04:14:42 pm »

The CMB 35 is too heavy.  I like my tuned Zenoah, fast, very reliable and lots of rpm. 
The jeans are called fashion. I'll spell it for you  F A S H I O N.
 That's my mechanic and my garage door. Michelle can't afford new unripped jeans, my prices are too low.  :)
dave your prices too low never lol  :o.

w3bby

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 04:54:36 pm »

Welcome Dave, good to see you on an English forum  ;D

DaveMarles

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2007, 09:29:26 pm »

Heres a bit of video of the Sigma testing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_JdHMxfgpQ

I heard that a Sigma 51 modified for OMRA ( 2" sides) won its first race yesterday.  :P
Dave

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2007, 09:48:21 pm »

Holy cow Dave!!!  :o

Martin.
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

martno1fan

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 10:45:35 pm »

Heres a bit of video of the Sigma testing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_JdHMxfgpQ

I heard that a Sigma 51 modified for OMRA ( 2" sides) won its first race yesterday.  :P
Dave
looks great dave ,what happened to the bit where the boat landed on the grass? yup someone told on yaaa lol.seriously though thats one fast boat what race did the omra one win?.

glennb2006

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2007, 11:42:57 pm »

Dave
looks great dave ,what happened to the bit where the boat landed on the grass? yup someone told on yaaa lol.seriously though thats one fast boat what race did the omra one win?.

At least it was probably the right way up when it landed on the grass Martin....

:D

Glenn
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries.