Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loyal Supporter Build  (Read 23377 times)

Dan2010

Re: Loyal Supporter Build
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2010, 01:47:54 pm »

Hey Dan, how's it going, have you got much more done. Ive done a bit more. putting deck supports in. Very fiddly things  %% Will put another pic up soon.

stewart

hi stewart yes i havent done much tho .. i managed to pick up a motor mount last weekend at warwick model boat show, just needed some smaller screws, managed to get them at B&Q today so at some point tonight the motor mount shell be in the hull...

i also got a speed controller so that will go in tonight aswell,

im going to do the anchor resess's saturday night and hopfully get the deck supports in, the hopfully sunday i can make a start on the bilge keels,

its been raining alot latley so i havent been able to sand the inside bulwarks but i picked up some sandpaper and hopfully that shall be done later in the week.....

photos will follow later on tonight ....

kind regards
Dan

stew49

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2010, 02:45:35 pm »

a few pics. still abit to do.

Dan2010

« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2010, 04:43:20 pm »

your loyal is coming along nicely stewert ..

im almost at the same point as you ..
the deck support's andachor resses's will be done saturday and hopefully i can finish getting the ports at the front and rear done aswell ...

i dont want t glue the deck on at this stage but we will have to wait and see how it pan's out over the next week..

im taking her out on the 5dec for a test run so i need to get her level and that before then ...
keep the picture coming stew  :-) ill be posting some of mine later on tonight  {:-{ got work soon so havent got time ..

kind regards
Dan 

Dan2010

« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2010, 03:12:55 pm »

oki this is the first post on this log for about 2 week's sorry guys busy at work ...
anyway i finally got the motor mount it . and the servo self is done and it has enoff space for the ESC/Servo/Sound generator/Power distribution panel.

i have been working on another boat. just adding some bits . and heres the pictures ..
the model is a dumas model....

stew49

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2010, 06:32:20 pm »

Hey Dan. nice to see your other model, looks good. what scale is it?. Ive got my battery and bow thruster, just got to work out how to get it in the right place. (bow thruster that is)
will have  a go at it this w-end i think.

stewart  :-))

Dan2010

« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2010, 04:21:13 pm »

hii  stewart sorry i havent replyed for age's . ive been offered a job out at bristol airport so been trying to get all my paperwork sorted.

um the kit itself is a discontinued kit from dumas.
its  a 1/12 scale . the kit is made up of all wood, however the only plastic bit it the wheelhouse roof.. was a nice kit to build however vary hard due to lack of explanation in the instructions.

okay so i have actually made progress on my loyal class vessel.
i receved a power panel from harbor models, a sound unit, and some light fitting's
i still need a smoke generator, and radar motor :D..

tomorrow i should get the anchor reesess done and then get the deck support's in ...

Dan   

stew49

« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2010, 04:49:15 pm »

Hey Dan, no worrys m8. I been ill so not done much myself. good to here about the job, hope it goes well.
dont think i could do an all wood construction kit. hope to see a bit more of your loyal soon.
i still havent put the bow thruster in. just building the anchor winch. looks ok.

stewart :-))

Dan2010

« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2010, 05:12:49 pm »

yeahh alot of bug's going around atm .
yeahh should be starting after the new year so progress will slow down again. altho im hoping to get to the stage i can put the deck on be4 i start. hopfully then i can build it up slowly ..
ill hadd some pic's later .
well tbh its look's nice now it's finished but it was a night mare lol
Dan

stew49

« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2011, 05:17:39 pm »

Hey Dan, hows things with you. not seen anything of you on here for a while. How's the Loyal coming along. Ive done a bit on mine, had it in the water to see how it sits.

Stewart :-))

mark fd277

« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2011, 02:37:10 pm »

hi dan 2010 if you need any pix of the inside if the elkstone just let me no what you need, as i no the owner and can catch him when he comes down the dock 
regards mark

Tim B.

« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2011, 03:11:38 pm »

Hello, I am somewhat new to this group, have built only one boat so far.
I am lucky, I have managed to find one of the last Loyal tenders, it was in Australia, I have it now in California.
I will start a build log when I begin, but in the mean time I want to say thanks to all of you who have posted all of this information, it will be invaluable.
I would very much like to see more pics of the real vessel, close ups of the deck and superstructure.
Thanks, Tim B.

stew49

« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2011, 08:49:36 pm »

Hi Tim B, have a look at these build logs, lots of good ideas.   http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=27273.0       http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=25867.0
i was lucky. got mine off e-bay.  Hope you have lots of fun building it, look forward to seeing your build log too.

Stewart :-))

Dan2010

« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2011, 11:08:53 am »

hey guy's sorry i havent posed anything on here in  long time, the boats coming on fine, havent really done much over the past few months ive been buying the bits and bobs to go inside the hull, i now have the battery, power panel, sound unit and smoke unit, i shell be cracking on with the build tonight, ive now got 3 weeks off work so hopefully there will be new post's each day :) ill take some pictures of what has been done this year so you guys can take a look ..

thanks.
Dan

Dan2010

« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2011, 12:18:45 pm »

RIGHHHTTTT so my 40amp ESC finally came today,

i fished to boat out of the shed, got the battery and that wired up, open up my ESC and guess what!!

none of the wires are connected  {:-{ some how i dont think thats right. so if anyone can give me a heads up to weather it is or not that'll be brill, been waiting for this for a month becuase they accepted payment when they didnt have it in stock so im feeling a good old shouting match coming on -.-

farrow

« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2011, 05:30:39 pm »

The 75ft FT shown in grey at Bristol is not a loyal class type, the loyals where the same as the AD Menai. The grey one is one of the Manly group of 4 used by HMS Raleigh for training, until the whole group was sold out for a total of £119k to Pounds at Portsmouth who quickly sold 2 for £250k each. The Raleigh boats where different in the construction of the accommodation, otherwise all the group 2 FT had the same hull shape and accommodation block, the main difference was the hatch openings depending wether they where passenger type or general purpose.

farrow

« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2011, 08:55:51 am »

Another mod to these boats for those interested is the early type 2 FT where DC electrics but the later ones had AC electrics, this showed itself in the electric motors on deck for the anchor and derreick winches. The AC being alot smaller smaller and more powerful. As an aside has anyone thought of converting thier hulls into a diving FT, this would mean fitting a diving recompression chamber on the deck, as yet have not seen one anywhere and it would make an interesting individual model. I believe the RN divers ran one based on the West Coast of Scotland.

Dan2010

« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2011, 04:41:11 pm »

hey guy's after testing out all the electronics i managed to burn the sound unit, so thanks to the guys at http://www.technobotsonline.com i now have a working sound unit, everything is all wired and A'okay, i started to look at the superstructure last night but there is a cut out that goes ontop of thedeck panel,s now im abit stuck for how far forward or aft it goes so anyone with a picture if you can pop it on the blog that would be a great help, ill post a few pictures in the next few days :D

CGAux26

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2011, 11:19:29 pm »

I don't quite understand your question.  Pictures will help.  But look at my build log for any help it gives you.

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=27273.0

Dave

Dan2010

« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2011, 02:09:19 pm »

sorry if no one understood the last question, when you start to build up the lower superstructure there,s a part that goes over the top of the deck combings, i just woundered how far forward and aft the part should over hang.

Thanks Dan 

stew49

« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2011, 04:21:49 pm »

Hi Dan. is it this top bit tour up to, have you seen the small rebait on the sides?

Dan2010

« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2011, 06:00:49 pm »

finally, ive managed to build the lower superstructure, iknow most people say keep the fitting's off the model, paint last and add them last, BUT!! i was too into the build and ended up adding the window covers :/ anyway it looks cracking  {-) %% one thing i have noticed is theres not actually that much left to build, im hoping tomorrow i can have 50-75% of the wheelhouse built, and come sunday when everything is finally wired up correctly and neatly, i can have the deck on :D

i even had enough time to pop out to bristol airport and have some time to follow my other passion,
what's that you say, well aviation photography.  :-)) i had my camera on charge to take so forgot to take any pictures of the boat  {:-{ so heres a few i took at the airport  :-)

CGAux26

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2011, 11:01:24 pm »

I finally got time to look into this.  I had the same question.  The answer is the lower cabin goes as far back as it can.  There is about 1.25" of overlap at the back end.  The inside vertical surface of the cabin front goes against the front outside surface of the coaming that is part of the deck.  Huh??  Pictures should help.

Keep up the good work.  The model will draw lots of good attention when complete and running   :-))

Dan2010

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2011, 03:03:29 pm »

whopp :D progress today has been pretty good, i've got the deck for the wheelhouse on and i have just installed the nav-light box's, hopfully by the end of the day ill have most of the wheelhouse features done so i can paint the inside and get the roof on :D 
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.