Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEWBIE  (Read 1455 times)

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« on: August 29, 2011, 11:25:40 pm »

Hi everybody,I have just joined & am really enjoying the forum. I am amazed at the knowledge of the members here & how freely you share with others. I live in Canada (Calgary Alberta) but find the U/K is the place to buy my bits I have had lots of help from Dave at Action electronics including a complete wiring diagram for my Smit Nederland(no charge & in 48 hours,the man is a credit to this forum & the hobby in general thank you Dave)
Martin at Westbourne has also been very helpfull. I am at present building the Smit Nederland & I have the Fairmount Alpine kit ready to go if I ever finish the Neddy, so lookout Dave you have more stupid questions coming your way. I am new to model boats but built quite a few model aeroplanes. Trouble was the ground kept jumping up & hitting them(very expensive) My better half got me a training program for my computer to improve my skills (not hard to improve on at my level) after many crashes & one good landing the writing was on the wall STAY on the ground. So now I will try the sinking business, after all I can always dive & recover. My day job is the repair, service, & restoration of old British sportscars. For those too young the know what they are , they are MGs, Triumphs, etc.It is a steep learning curve to master model boat building & I am already grateful for the many hints & tips I have picked up on the forum,thank you all & thank you Martin for allowing me to join your forum. Been mechanically inclined I will share any expertise I may have with you all & hope I can contribute in a positive way to the forum, Irishcarguy.
Mick B.

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: NEWBIE
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 06:02:20 am »

Welcome to the forum, Irishcarguy. There's plenty of knowledge here, and plenty of knowledgeable people willing to answer any questions you may have. Dave at ACTion is the man when it comes to electronics, so you are on the right track there.

I would be interested to see photos of your Smit Nederland build, as I was lucky enough to be given a partially completed kit, by a man whose health deteriorated to a point where he could no longer continue the build. It's now on my "to do" list.

Peter.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 08:21:39 am »

Hi Peter, as soon as I can figure how to put pictures on I will do so, I am not good with this electronic stuff, I still use slide film. I did a lot of photography in the past ( I have some 25 to 30000 slides on file mostly of nature & wildlife, the four legged kind) Digital ruined it for me. Thanks again for the forum. My better half knows how to post pictures so a little bit of grovelling may work
Mick B.

Peter Fitness

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 06:42:10 am »

A little bit of grovelling nearly always works.

Peter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.