Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamato 1/100 scale etching and fittings?  (Read 3712 times)

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
Yamato 1/100 scale etching and fittings?
« on: September 05, 2011, 06:55:12 pm »

Via YouTube to Mayhem...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH5Z7IW81p0

Hi Mayhem,

I have a 1/100 scale Yamato hull and casting parts that I purchased from UK firm years ago. I am very impressed with your build up of this massive model. I have been building and sailing RC boats since the middle 1960's. Could you please tell me if you have a source for producing photo etched parts for this scale of Yamato? I could not download your video, do you have a site or other web address where photos and or video, including the inner working, are available for reference. I have not assembled this large a model before and would appreciate any help and photos. Your boat is beautiful. I collect almost everything Yamato and have been fascinated with this ship since I was a boy. Thank you for your consideration,

Regards, George Vasquez
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Edward Pinniger

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plastic Ship Kit Previews
Re: Yamato 1/100 scale etching and fittings?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 05:20:27 pm »

I don't know of any manufacturers who produce etched parts for 1/100 or 1/96 WW2 IJN parts, but there are certainly several who produce "generic" parts in 1/96, such as Tom's Modelworks: http://www.tomsmodelworks.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=23_37 - you can get railings and ladders, cable reels, porthole surrounds, etc. from them.

John R Haynes

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 04:13:22 pm »

Or maybe me

Edward Pinniger

• Full Mayhemer
    • Plastic Ship Kit Previews
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 04:11:58 pm »

Sorry, didn't mean to ignore you (your range of ship details are very good quality and value) - I just assumed the original poster was in the USA (re-reading the post, this may not necessarily be the case, though they appear to be outside the UK) so mentioned a US supplier of generic etch parts.

It's surprising that there seem to be no, or at least hardly any, IJN-specific fittings or etch parts available in 1/96-1/100 scale. It's possible there are some suppliers in Japan, but Japanese model products, especially those from smaller manufacturers, can be hard to track down outside Japan, partly due to the language barrier with search engines! The only IJN fittings I can find are 25mm AA guns in 1/96 from HR Products in the USA: http://www.hrprod.com/96.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 23 queries.