Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Seaport conversion...  (Read 3303 times)

Patrick Henry

My Seaport conversion...
« on: September 08, 2011, 09:07:22 am »

The whole idea was to buy a Seaport tug, change the radio and just use it. That failed...I sort of got carried away.

I bought a damaged one from Howes via Ebay for £21.01, and so far I've changed the motor for an ACTion 550, modified the rudder linkage, installed a Planet5 2.4gHz radio, ACTion Condor esc, ACTion Multi Controller for the fire hydrant, swapped the original water pump for a 12v screenwash pump, added a rotating radar, changed the superstructure about, and altered the lighting system. The whole system works off a 7.2v 3900a/h battery pack.

Here's a couple of pics of the internal layout so far...the water pump isn't shown yet, the glue is still drying on the mounting bracket.

Rich

ralphhager

• Ralph1937
  • Shipmate
Re: My Seaport conversion...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 08:04:12 pm »

U33:  I like your conversion and especially upgrading your motor.  I hope you will be taking more pictures, sure would like to see your complete build/conversion. 
Thanks Ralph
  :-))

HawkEye

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 08:28:53 pm »

Good to see people are still getting involved with these little tugs, it is very easy to get carried away (as I found out), but the end result can be a lot of fun. I would recommend that you change the propshaft, I used a mmb stainless one cut down ( it makes a lot of difference ).

My build log here - http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=30878.0

Looking forward to the pictures as it progresses  :-))

Above all - have fun !  :}

HawkEye

Patrick Henry

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 08:34:43 pm »

Thanks guys...I'll take some more pics as I go along.

It's been in the water, weighted down to the bulwarks, for 24hours, and never leaked a drop of water around the prop shaft or the rudder, so I'm happy with that.

As an aside, the coupling does rattle a bit, but when she's going at slow revolutions, the rattle sounds like a diesel engine working away...bit of a bonus there.

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.