Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Block and tackle rigging  (Read 3183 times)

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
Block and tackle rigging
« on: September 09, 2011, 09:56:28 pm »

Think that's what its called, where rope goes through a block with pulley wheels to another one?

Im struggling with the block and tackle rigging for Dirty Harry MSW Envoy and since MSW took down their customer gallery, I cant see how others did it. The instructions and plans give not clue how to do it either.

Basically there are two blocks on each lifeboat derrick. Each block has two ropes (I guess would be one continuous one but it goes through each block twice if you get my drift) that pass through it before returning to a bollard on the deck.

Anyone got a diagram of how the blocks would be rigged when one is above the other?

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Block and tackle rigging
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 07:44:01 pm »

I've attached a pretty poor sketch which may help you follow this explanation.

Start by tying off one end of the cord to the bottom of the top block. Take this through one of the pulleys on the bottom block, back up to the top block, down to the other pulley, back to the top and the tie off on the davit.

Barrie

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Block and tackle rigging
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 09:15:48 pm »

I've attached a pretty poor sketch which may help you follow this explanation.

Start by tying off one end of the cord to the bottom of the top block. Take this through one of the pulleys on the bottom block, back up to the top block, down to the other pulley, back to the top and the tie off on the davit.

Barrie

Cheers. That helps a lot.  :-))
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.