Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sea commander  (Read 2880 times)

fletch62

sea commander
« on: September 11, 2011, 05:34:24 pm »

ive just bought an old sea commander off ebay and dont want to put a ic engine in could any one recomend a brushed electric motor

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
Re: sea commander
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 06:55:36 pm »

Can you alter your details to show where you live? This can help members replys.What is the length of your boat? I take it that its single proped.Also what speed are you wanting?John.

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 07:31:52 pm »

I'll bet a fiver its 34" and a 600 would do it but a 700 would be better O0 I think!

mine had a ED Racer long time ago...
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

fletch62

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 07:36:08 pm »

thanks you would have won a five i will try a 600 i have a sea queen with a irvine 61 in but wanted to try electric in the commander just for a change

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 07:39:38 pm »

there are quite a few sea queens and commanders around at Fleetwood lake, video's on youtube and I'll bet another fiver I'm preaching to the converted already O0
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

fletch62

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 08:02:34 pm »

you are my sea queens on utube as well as a converted spearfish http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdLaotnvBqQ thats the link if you would like to have a look it was the first time i had it on the lake and two more turned up mones the light blue and white on it was another ebay find

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 08:35:55 pm »

Yes I've seen quite a few vids of Fleetwood, not seen yours before though so thanks for that, takes me back to the late 60's, we were regulars although i only had a free running Sea Commander, wish i could get something on the lake now but its not practical at the moment, i have been to watch a few times recently but its been very quiet when i was there, the Lasers were sailing in a comp and i couldn't stay long at the last power boat meet, I'll be trying again if I can...cheers for now :-))

fletch62

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 08:45:14 pm »

hi saturdays normally the best day keep a look out for me and i let you have a sail thank brain

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 09:29:54 pm »

hi Saturdays normally the best day keep a look out for me and i let you have a sail thank brain

Thanks Brian that's very kind of you, I've been flying fixed wing I.C. aircraft for 15 years but had to lay off due to health, I will come over again as soon as possible and see if you are around, one of my ex flying mates has taken up power boats and does run on the lake Sundays as far as I know, unfortunately been out of touch with him for about 2 years, thanks again :-))

John.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.