Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: rescue tugs from 2nd WW  (Read 14792 times)

farrow

Re: rescue tugs from 2nd WW
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2011, 08:48:24 pm »

Hi finally bought a new printer/scanner, problem was my old printer was I could not update the drivers to win 7 for the scanner. The Saucy is as she was when she was civilian manned under RFA conditions in black and buff colours and the Assidious after she was laid up for scrap after service under C.D. Gibraltar for fleet target towing again painted in Black and Buff with white or grey funnel band and lining. The Adherent is I believe the Diligent renamed Adherent in 1947 in 1047 when she relieved the Paddler Cracker at Sheerness, again painted here in Black and Buff, but she would have had C.D. Chatham colours of azure blue funnel band and blue lining around Bulwarks.

farrow

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 08:50:50 pm »

The above images are Adherent,Assidious,Adherent and Saucy.

dondecap

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2011, 09:02:48 pm »

hi mate.
many thanks for the pics,
this will give me some thing to think about.
haha.
regards
don

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2011, 09:53:56 pm »

Here's my unfinished Storm King. I have drawings if you're interested.

John

It was later named Tryphon and worked out of Canada, Montreal I think.

dondecap

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2011, 11:04:04 pm »

hi mate.
looking good.
I have line drawings from the net, come out at 4ft .  and a set of 'official' plans bought come out at 3ft.
what drawings do you have...........sounds interesting.
email is listed in the profile.
:)

regards
don

farrow

« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2011, 09:24:53 pm »

Yes there is some options to consider here as the class as the whole must have been more useful than the Envoy class, as so many where taken over and used by various MoD depts for a wide variety of tasks after the war. There used to be several dept's within the MoD all civilian crews which had numbers or abbreviations for titles such as the D606 (who operated the salvage and mooring craft) another group under RFA pay and conditions I forget their title but their last vessels were the Roysterer and Rollicker which came into RMAS control. Some of these departments had no DTI qualifications required such as the D606 and CED tugs, others like the RNAD required DTI Home trade tickets with the Cable ships service requiring minimum of Foreign going Masters tickets as minimum, the qualification requirements depending if the vessel had a port of registry, as most like CED and D606 where not registered and the MoD was not subject to DTI regs and requirements.

dondecap

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2011, 10:00:40 am »

hi mate.
thanks for that.
they seemed to have operated over quite a broad spectrum of work.
regards
don

Tug Hercules Fireman

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2011, 07:52:27 am »

John,

On your great Storm King Tug, what colour is the Wheelhouse,  cabin and upper railings painted??

Thank you.

Tug Hercules
Fireman Rick

dondecap

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2011, 08:44:32 am »

hi mate,
the picture with the plans is black bottom and all above waterline in battleship gray................. war-time colors....... as she was supplied I expect.
regards
don

oldiron

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2011, 11:25:34 am »

John,

On your great Storm King Tug, what colour is the Wheelhouse,  cabin and upper railings painted??

Thank you.

Tug Hercules
Fireman Rick

Rick:

On the jar of Floquil paint I used, its called Armour Yellow. I don't know what else you'd call it , except dull yellow.

John

a.wilbie

• Shipmate
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2012, 05:07:51 pm »

Hello from the netherlands

This model tug is the chiba star sold bij saito, the same makers off the steam engins.
this model is in our possesion from 1982 we still got it

regards
klaas wilbie

Black Shoe

• Shipmate
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2013, 10:55:14 pm »

I know this is an old thread, but anyone interested in the Assurance/Envoy class of tugs would really enjoy a movie entitled "The Key" with Sophia Loren, William Holden, and Trevor Howard. Shows the tugs underway and a lot of good footage of details.  :-))
"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." Will Rogers
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 22 queries.