Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hovercraft Museum  (Read 1376 times)

hover tim

Hovercraft Museum
« on: September 12, 2011, 05:06:31 pm »

Hello all

the land that the Hovercraft Museum currenlty operates from is up for development and does not include the Hovercraft Museum in any way. Now some of you may be thinking what does this have to do with you well the Hovercraft is a British invention and this museum is the only kind in the world. Anyone that has visited may have seen the sad state that some of the craft are in but the museum cant get lotto funding until they get a lease for 8 years on the land something which they cannot do at the moment so if you would like to see a part of British maratime history saved then please go to   http://www.gosport.gov.uk/gbcplanning/ApplicationDetails.aspx?ID=17976 and object

Tim

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
Re: Hovercraft Museum
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 05:46:27 pm »

Given my views to Gosport Council
Was at HMS Ariel (Daedalus) in 1960
Good luck with your appeal

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 07:09:42 pm »

I have tried to make a comment but it won't accept my submission and gives an error message. I will try again later.

I visited the Museum earlier this year and was impressed with what they are doing.

However, I suspect that between the Council and the Developers the Hovercraft Museum will be hung out to dry. The objections from the locals were not exactly impressive either.

Colin

Colin Bishop

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 03:32:17 pm »

Just as a postscript, I was doing a bit of surfing today and it sems that the Museum is now relatively safe for the time being. The hangars are apparently listed buildings which helped.

Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.