Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Searching for Plans Help  (Read 3657 times)

George

Searching for Plans Help
« on: September 13, 2011, 03:20:13 am »

Hello Everyone,

I have been searching off and on for a copy of plans for the British LCA - landing craft assault craft used by both the British and Canadian soldiers on D-Day in Normandy. I would like to build one large enough to make remote controllable. I can`t find plans anywhere. Can anyone help me with a link to a source OR does anyone have a set of plans that I could buy a copy of ? I even tried to contact our Canadian War museum and I Never heard back from them. That was some time ago. I gave up on that source.

Please let me know.

Thanks In advance for your help.

George

phoniex

Re: Searching for Plans Help
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 03:33:42 am »

A plan set is available for the LCA and LCPL. The LCA version comprises a five view set of detail plans for the craft plus two cross sections, one lengthways section and two camouflage drawings. They are prepared from original wartime maker's drawings with plentiful detail added from contemporary photographs and are rendered in full colour. Available in 1/76 scale on A4 - Price £8 or 1/48 scale on A3 - Price £12.

Dan Taylor Modelworks
55 Town Hill
West Malling
Kent ME19 6QL

Telephone: +44 (0)1732 840562

info@dantaylormodelworks.com

George

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 11:00:45 pm »

Hello again

Thanks phoniex, your contact information and link was just what I was looking for. I have the plans on the way to me. Looking forward to seeing them and then getting started.

A general question to All. What scale do you think would be Good for R.C as well as having the LCA crewed as well as British or Canadian troops in it ?

Is there anyone with colour pictures of one from as many sides as possible, for detailing, that could post a link or share them with me ?

Thanks Again for your information and Help.

George

Klunk

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • If you know who I am, please remind me!!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 09:24:23 am »

1/35 scale is the easiest to get figures in, and r/c tanks and jeeps, but 1/48 is becoming more popular now. Just Google the topic to get lots of info.
SECRETARY - LUTON AND DISTRICT MODEL BOAT CLUB
full time penguin

tonyH

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 11:19:51 am »

I know it's a bit late but it may be more data.The 1942 model LCA builders plans are downloadable from the French (again) Marine site.
If you let me know via pm I'll send you the full size set. One of the drwings has all the ramp details etc. plus a lot of the fittings etc.

Tony

steve pickstock

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 03:25:57 pm »

Does anyone have the link to the French site please? i did have it but have switched computers and lost it.

tonyH

• Full Mayhemer
  • Model Boat Mayhem Forum is the Best!

steve pickstock

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 07:51:32 pm »

Much obliged.

George

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 02:03:30 am »

First

I would like to thank tonyH for his link to the Free plans from the French website for the LCA. Also I would like to thank phoniex for his link to Dan Taylor Modelworks, his plans were just received, they are some help.

I would like to ask you all, from the French free plans for the LCA. Could you tell me what size of paper / scale, they are in? I saved them to my USB stick and took them to my local print shop. The staff person told me that the plans are in a TIFF program and not JPEG also he did not know what size of paper to print them out on. I wanted a set of plans printed out so that it would be in 1/35 and the same ones again in 1/16.

Could anyone out there tell me what size of paper to print the original LCA plans out on? Then what % percentage to copy that so I can get 1/35 and 1/16 copies ?

As you probably suspect, I am NO computer expert, email, on line shopping etc. I have experience with. Pen and Paper are my friends, these computers are EVIL !!

Please let me know and thank you for your help.

George

kiwi

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 07:35:08 am »

Hi George,
If you downloaded the information sheet which goes with the plans you would have the sizes and scales for all 4 drawings.

PL156 - 3/4"=1'-0" - 1300x420mm - LCA1942C156
PL131 - 1 1/2"=1'-0" - 1750x790mm - LCA1942C131
PL083 - 3/4"=1'-0" - 1200x600mm - LCA1942C083
PL163 - 1 1/2"=1'-0" - 1200x730mm - LCA1942C163

3/4"=1'-0" equates to 1/16th scale
1 1/2"=1'-0" equates to 1/8th scale

hope this helps
kiwi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 22 queries.