Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another new boy  (Read 2114 times)

oapanglais

Another new boy
« on: November 24, 2010, 08:31:27 am »

Hi guys
I would like to introduce myself. I am retired, recently widowed and living in SW France, about halfway between Toulouse and Bordeaux. I am working on the 1:24 Thames Sailing Barge Venta using a Kingston mouldings fibreglass hull because I want something to play with. I also have a 3/4 finished Billings Norske Love. Are there any other Mayhemmers in this part of the world? If not don't worry, I would still be happy to chat.
Brian

LarryW

Re: Another new boy
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 02:19:17 pm »

hi there welcome i hope you enjoy the banter cheers Larry ok2

barriew

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 02:29:54 pm »

Welcome!

A suggestion. Add your location - SW France is enough - to your profile so people know where you are. It helps to get relevant advice :-))

Barrie

Arrow5

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 02:59:25 pm »

Bonjour mon ami,  one of our illustrious moderators is based in your area, no doubt he will be introducing himself soon :-)).
..well can you land on this?

oapanglais

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 10:32:12 am »

Hi Guys
Wow! What a quick response and thanks to you all. Yesterday was the best day of the month down here, sunny and no wind so I had to spend the day on an outdoor DIY job. We're back to wet and windy today. Thanks to barriew for the tip about my location and to LarryW I did my apprenticeship at Bristol Aeroplane Co in the 60s, bet its changed a lot there since then. Wish you all the best.
Brian

LarryW

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 10:50:19 am »

hi thanks for coments ,nice to no you been to bristol, my self i came from birmingham in the 60s and stayed....larry :-)

jonny shoreboy

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 05:38:37 am »

Hi Brian, how's France treating you? Glad to see you have finally made it on to MBM. This way I will be able to follow your builds and chat at the same time! All my builds are on hold at the moment till the weather gets nicer and the garage seems more cosy. Anyway it was great visiting you all those times when we lived in that part of the world and I hope my wife and I will be able to come back for a holiday sometime in the future. Good luck with your builds and you can follow mine on here if you go back far enough!

Best wishes
Jonny

oapanglais

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 04:27:30 pm »

Hi Jonny
I have just found your post. We are having an unusually warm September. My firewood arrived yesterday so I am spending my mornings cutting it in half, (it comes in 1m lengths) and stacking it in the store. By midday it is too hot to carry on. I have been sailing Victoria on the fishing lake at the campsite while the carp pretend to be breaching whales. I have taken all the fittings off the barge for painting which is now finished so I can't send any decent photos at the moment. Next week I am going to Sorede for 5 days with Sue Indy Rolf and Terese. I will be going to London for the last 12 days in October. Best wishes to Jojo and I hope your Spring comes soon.           Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.