Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mtroniks Marine Viper 25amp  (Read 3360 times)

The long Build

Mtroniks Marine Viper 25amp
« on: September 14, 2011, 01:43:16 pm »

I generally use the Marine 15 but thought I would get 2 25amps for a build..

When I tested them both  on a 12v 7amp battery  (individually) the controller does not seem to have much variation on speed controll as the 15 did using the same battery, I assume as both performed the same way that there is not a fault, is this because of the lower ampage on the battery compared to that on the ESC making it act this way.. %%

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
Re: Mtroniks Marine Viper 25amp
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 04:18:00 pm »

If you are using a computer type Tx  you may need to set it up to the parameters of the 25A
Battery capacity will not make a difference if you are testing with the motors off load
i.e.running in air.
Throttle throw and end points adjust on an all singing all dancing TX may need to be addressed

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

ACTion

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 07:17:46 pm »

I have handled three of these 25A units and they all exhibited very little speed change over the first 3/4 of stick movement, but then gave a huge leap up to full speed over the last 1/4. The motors also "hunt" noticeably at full speed. I think maybe they were originally designed for 4WD model trucks or off-roaders. The 15A marine ESCs don't show either of these tendencies. Ned has it about right - you'll either have to compensate using exponential throttle programming or fit some proper (linear) marine speed controllers instead......... 8)
DM

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 07:55:15 pm »

I have handled three of these 25A units and they all exhibited very little speed change over the first 3/4 of stick movement, but then gave a huge leap up to full speed over the last 1/4. The motors also "hunt" noticeably at full speed. I think maybe they were originally designed for 4WD model trucks or off-roaders. The 15A marine ESCs don't show either of these tendencies. Ned has it about right - you'll either have to compensate using exponential throttle programming or fit some proper (linear) marine speed controllers instead......... 8)
DM
Are you back then o great one ?
I phoned Pete.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

NickKK

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 12:58:28 am »

Would that be the problem... I just bought my first computer tx. I set up the tx unit with the reciever, then using a viper marine 20 I noticed the LEDs flash as they are supposed to. The servo works but when I move the throttle the motor twitches and the red LED lights up ...

Any help would be appreciated ...

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 11:11:09 am »

Which computer radio did you by NickKK ?
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

MikeA

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 11:19:57 am »

DM

what does hunt mean??

ACTion

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 02:05:10 pm »

Fluctuates in speed (or guzupandaan).
DM

NickKK

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 04:04:12 pm »

I used a twister rc .... All singing all dancing model ...Wish I hadn't now. I can't get anything but the servos to work. I changed the rx to another boat to see the resullts .... still only the servos working ... now I put everything back in my old boat and I'm getting the same problem with that kit now...................

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 05:38:23 pm »

Try the routine needed for Radiolink Transmitters.
Power up the boat but leave the Rx switch off
Power up the TX and waggle the throttle stick up and down
Switch on the RX
Push stick up and Green led should light for ahead
Pull stick back and red led lights for going astern
Boat will then sail round the pond  :-))

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

NickKK

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 05:43:22 pm »

I got that far setting up the throttle .. then the motor twitches and the red light comes on and stays on .. Guess I'll be asking for replacement esc ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.