Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Victor Wildcat Catamaran  (Read 2592 times)

airwolf572010

Victor Wildcat Catamaran
« on: September 15, 2011, 07:19:39 am »

Hello to all out there.
I have inherited the Victor Wildcat Catamaran and have completely stripped her down, and am currently resanding the wooden braces, mast etc.
I will then sand down the Hulls and repaint. The boat when she arrived was horrible seems like no time was spent in setting her up and then a rough coat of Blue for the wood pieces and white and blue for the Hull. I nearly Puked when I saw her.
Does anyone over in UK own one or can give me some specs on how they handle at all. She will look brand new when back together and I will use the 2.4gz radio system to drive her.
Can anyone advise me of anything to do other than rebuild her. I have never sailed a model cat before so if any help would be much appreciated by myself.
I intend to repaint her in gloss white hulls and restain the wood with rosewood or a darker stain before the lacquering.

Many thanks
Armo

tigertiger

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
Re: Victor Wildcat Catamaran
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 11:12:30 am »

Without seeing the boat, I would hazard a guess that this is a Victor Models Wildcat. An American boat. There is some stuff on this model in rcgroups.com forum. It might be worth searching here. Unfortunately the Victor Models website was down for maintenance today.
The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.