Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: loyal class tender  (Read 2831 times)

madmax

loyal class tender
« on: September 16, 2011, 05:22:13 pm »

hi
  i am in the process of rebuilding one of the loyal class tenders.....i under stand there is a number of versions of this boat
  my question is this ..can any body help me with with the names of these boats and the colours they were painted
 pictures and links to information would be great
                                                               hoping someone can help thanks

Netleyned

• Full Mayhemer
    • cleethorpes mba
Re: loyal class tender
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 05:29:03 pm »

http://www.mvfintry.com/classlist.htm

Try the site above just click on it

Ned
Smooth seas never made skilful sailors
Up Spirits  Stand fast the Holy Ghost.
http://www.cleethorpesmba.co.uk/

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 06:27:45 pm »

Ask Shipmate60 he sailed on them man and boy.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

farrow

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 11:09:46 am »

When I get my new printer with a scanner working, I will be able to upload some more info, but the F/T group had 3 main type of variety, plus the special groups, such as the Diving tenders with a fixed diving chamber. They where type A which is only fitted for the carriage of cargo, type B which is fitted to carry ether cargo or passengers, type C which is fitted to accommodate 12 R.F.A. personnel for training purposes. I believe the type A also where designed to carry a 21" torpedo on deck, these where the ones with a Derrek, but they also carried passengers in large numbers when required. The type B did not have any Derrek but had a large open hatch forward with stairs going down into the hold, with a large canvas cover over it to protect passengers from the weather. I know mainly about the RMAS ones which where the majority, as I used to navigate around the coast. They where manned by a boatswain in charge with 2xAB's and a Mechanician in charge and I believe a stoker, the Boatswain used to run the boat in it's designated area but if it had to move else where which necessitated a coastal voyage a mate was employed to move it.

stew49

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 11:42:15 am »

Hi, rottwiler took some pics for me of SD MENAI, the tender im basing my model on.

Stewart :-))

farrow

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 01:49:15 pm »

I remember her on the Clyde based at Great Harbour, Greenock, when it was RMAS even knew her Bosun/master. She was one of the last batch built for the RMAS.

madmax

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 08:25:23 pm »

hi
  would like to thank all the guys for replys to my post about the loyal class tender build
  i have used the info given and decided to build it as the loyal supporter ...

thanks to all
                                                   madmax

farrow

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 08:32:55 pm »

Hi, just to let you know, the loyal class where originally designated for the RNAX service to be used as port inspection boats in time of hostilities, they never flew the White ensign but instead had their own design on a blue ensign. The RNX being a volunteer force, mainly recruited from retired RN personnel. The vessels where black hulls and grey upperworks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.492 seconds with 21 queries.