Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Li-Po Charger  (Read 1613 times)

ukmike

Help with Li-Po Charger
« on: September 16, 2011, 10:59:02 pm »

Hello.
Have just received a GT 606D charger from Rob @ Giant Cod and a lovely bit of kit it is, however, I have read the instructions, ( in micro print ), and cannot fathom how to discharge, cycle or condition the battery pack.
If anyone can help please do as I am pulling my hair out trying to fathom this thing.
The trouble is my 6 yr old grandson is away on holiday at the moment so unable to help me.

Mike

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: Help with Li-Po Charger
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 11:02:58 pm »

Mike,
Which one is it on the Giantcod Site, I can't seem to find it there.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 11:12:19 pm »

Not familiar with this one but seeing as it charges different types of batteries its going to be in the menu somewhere.

Have you tried scrolling through the menu options? Normally the discharge menu options are either off the charge options or before \ after the charge menu. So somewhere in the menu you have the option to select battery type ie nimh, SLA, Lipo etc, and then select and set charge rate. I'd expect the option to discharge will be off this. If not, it should have its own separate menu option.

If you are wanting to balance, cycle and charge Lipos, you normally need to plug the charge lead into the 'normal' lipo leads and charge and also plug ght lipo balancer lead into it and the lipo's balancer lead. The balancing of the lipo battery takes place at the same time as charging. You dont normally need to cycle lipos.

Again, if they are Nimh cells you want to cycle, then this option is normally off the charging menu since you'll be charging, discharging and re charging the pack to cycle them.

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 11:33:30 pm »

Page 7 of this doc http://www.giantcod.co.uk/images/manuals/GTP-A6P%20Manual.pdf shows a schematic of the menu for the GT A8 charger. Couldnt see the GT 606 on Giant Cod but I'd be pretty confident the menu will be similar.

it looks like you have to access the menu for the type of battery first then press the INC(rease) button to scroll forward to the balance and discharge options.

ukmike

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 10:14:52 am »

Justboatonic

Thanks for the link, seems to be the same charger and now at least I can read it (Big print )

Bob.

It's the third one down on the left Lipo Charger page.

Mike.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.