Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In need of some help  (Read 1545 times)

lee

In need of some help
« on: September 18, 2011, 11:30:23 am »

Hi all,

Well i joined this forum a good while back when i got a boat off my grandad and began fixing it up - however things got in the way i.e buying the first house etc etc and my grandad got back into the boating so i gave him the boat back for him to finish.

This is where it goes wrong tbh, my Grandad sadly passed away in June and were now starting to sort everything out for my Nan. There are a few boats up in the modelling room which we now need to sell on however many of these are part built. I have pictures/details of the boats we have but have no idea on value of them especially with them being part built in some cases.

Is there anyone on here interested or that can help? - i would of put them straight into the for sale section but i havent got enough posts to put up posts just yet, and have no idea on value and why i dont want to get ripped off i also dont want to overprice and struggle to sell them on.

Thanks for any help

Lee

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: In need of some help
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 11:38:06 am »

Hi Lee it would help if we knew where you were.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

lee

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 11:38:47 am »

Hi Lee it would help if we knew where you were.

Sorry, based in Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire

pugwash

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 11:46:55 am »

Lee now we know where you are - if you can't get to a local model boat club for their advice you could put a few pics on here that will
give us an idea as to what it is you are trying to value - you could then go into fleabay or advertise on the sales section of Model boat magazine,
alternatively after an idea of value you could always PM Martin for his advice re selling on the forum - he is usually very reasonable as long
as people are not trying to abuse the system

Geoff

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 11:55:22 am »

Hi Lee

It's great to know where you are located. If could you put this in your Profile please as per my general letter to ALL members below.

We would be willing to help you in your quest and as you are interested in model boats, it won't take long before you rack up the required posts.

As Pugwash says, before thinking of selling, you may like to post pictures of them for the members to browse and comment on types and condition and value. This may help you and maybe encourage you to complete them.  :}

Members are requested to give a brief indication of their location as this often allows Members nearby to help each other and can also assist when recommending clubs or suppliers.

Thank you. 

ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

lee

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 12:49:38 pm »

Hi,

thanks for the help so far, pics:

This ones ready to go - just needs radio i belive

Part built - ready for the steam engine to go in. This was on order but we had to cancel it

This one i think is nearly done and is at the 'detail' stage? - although not sure

This one, im not sure where its up to - looks like similar place to the others

This one is years old and would need a good clean up/tidy up - its also got a nitro engine which i'd guess would be a pig to get going after standing for so long so would prob require electric conversion

Then theres also a speedo

Got loads of chargers etc also but need sort it bit at a time

Many thanks

Lee
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.