Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone else watching titanic2?  (Read 2545 times)

bikerdude666

Anyone else watching titanic2?
« on: September 20, 2011, 04:27:01 pm »

On syfy? Only seen 25 mins so far and it seems pretty awful! Nice idea though, building a modern-day replica, if only it wasn't so expensive!

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Anyone else watching titanic2?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 05:11:31 pm »

I'm afraid I haven't got Sky. Please tell us more.

regards

Ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

bikerdude666

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 04:39:58 am »

Well a quick summary:

It's set on the Titanics 100th anniversary, they've built a modern ship that looks like the titanic, but with gas turbines, capable of 50 knots etc etc. It sets sale from new York and gets about half way across the Atlantic. Then a glacier in the north pole collapses into the ocean and causes a huge tidal wave. The tidal wave spreads all the way down the Atlantic pushing an iceberg which strikes the titanic ii. It starts to sink, due to bad bulkhead design, then another glacier collapses and an even bigger tidal wave hits the ship and rolls it over.

Basically, not really alot to it, waste of 2 hours of my life tbh lol however it has made me want to build a model titanic now!

Brian_C

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 07:47:33 am »

I'm afraid I haven't got Sky. Please tell us more.

regards

Ken

hi ken, if you google the film and click on vieos,   you can watch as many trailers as you wish  :-)) O0

pettyofficernick

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 11:12:53 am »

Sounds a bit like Titanic meets The Posidon adventure! The film industry would do better to invest in new stories instead of trying to rehash old ones. >>:-( >>:-(

Tug-Kenny RIP

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 11:52:50 am »

Ah !!!   I see it's a film about a second version. Thank you for that.

I am currently building  (on and off)  the Titanic and reading all there is there is about the original ship. Very addictive, I can tell you, so every time I see the word I'm interested.   :}

Cheers

Ken

Despite the high cost of living   .......... It remains popular

Tankerman

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 02:49:04 pm »

Sounds a bit like Titanic meets The Posidon adventure! The film industry would do better to invest in new stories instead of trying to rehash old ones. >>:-( >>:-(

The worst is yet to come. The yanks are doing a re-make of "The Dam Busters". That won't look good with B-29s and there won't be a part for Guy Gibson's dog "Nigger" will there?

Chris

polaris

• Shipmate
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 09:15:00 pm »

...oh dear, things get worse... seemingly film makers can't think of anything original or new these days {-)

... maybe one day they might be able to 'think new' again, but how long...................................

mikearace

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 10:22:51 pm »

Guys dog is called Digger in the new film although it was going to called Nigsy which Guy GIbson sometimes called it.  Although it will be distributed by Universal its not the Yanks as such that are doing the remake.  Its produced  by Peter Jackson of Lord of the Rings (Kiwi) and Stephen Fry and Directed by another Kiwi Christian Rivers.  The rights to the film story are held by Sir David Frost who is Executive Producer so its really a UK/Kiwi remake.

Grub

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 05:58:37 pm »

What I would like to know is:

Who will play the brilliant American inventor who said to Barnes Wallis about how to design the bouncing bomb?
Who will play the handsome American pilot who actually leads the mission but whose existence has to be kept secret because America is not in the war yet?
Who will play the beautiful American spy who finds out something critical to the mission, like where the dams are; and then falls in love with the handsome American pilot before tragically dying as they drop the first bomb?
Who will play the daring American general who actually conceived the whole plan but needed to use England as a base because Flying Fortresses did not have the range from the US? (You didn't know the aircraft were really Flying Fortresses, did you?  %% )

You will need all these people if the film is to sell in the US. As it is, expect Hank Lincoln to eclipse Guy Gibson in all of the important scenes.... :}

pettyofficernick

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 06:24:57 pm »

Lancasters are definitely being used, Weta Workshop have built 10 lifesize models for the film, they should be pretty good as Weta did all the modelmaking for the Lord of the Rings trilogy. In the original movie, some Warner Brothers stock footage of a B17 crashing into a hillside was edited in for the American market. There is an interesting article on Wikipedia on the subject, link below :-)) :-)) :-))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dam_Busters_%28film%29
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.