Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for information on the boat - Wellcraft Portofino  (Read 4198 times)

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
Looking for information on the boat - Wellcraft Portofino
« on: September 20, 2011, 11:03:51 pm »

G'day
I am trying find out who is the manufacturer of the RC Model of the Wellcraft Portofino pictured below. I have lost contact with the owner of the boat in the photos and would like locate one of these RC boats. I am posting here hoping one you may be able to point me in the right direction.
Thank you in advance for any replies.
Windchaser

scoop

Re: Looking for information on the boat - Wellcraft Portofino
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 03:21:56 pm »

Hi,
There is a Graupner Portofino model boat on ebay at the moment, looks as though it is based on the Wellcraft.

Says pick up only but you can always ask

Boat is an unfinished item purchased in the 80's Item number 270821114168 with a BIN price of £80

Good luck  :-))

Regards
Scoop BMPRS PRO  www.bmprs.co.uk
ps You might like to search out the Robbe or Graupner websites there are quite a few similar looking boats that are more up to date.

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 06:02:04 pm »

That looks like the venerable Veesport2660 - an early ARTF rc boat...
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 06:10:56 pm »

Scoop, Martin
Thank you for your replies. I checked that boat out, but was not what I am looking for. I posted the same request on rcgroups.com in the US and got the details I need to track one of these boat down.

Timing is everything, so they say -  I just missed one on Ebay here in the States - it was a new kit still in the box and sold for $175 USD. Rats!  >>:-(

Now that I know what I am looking for,  I should be able to find one at some point. The boat is no longer manufactured but there are some still around. The fellow I got the oringal pictures from actually responded to my posting - maybe he'll sell his?? Time will tell.

The boat is an ACOMS Wellcraft Portofino and it comes as a kit. The box states it is almost ready to sail, but that is not accurate. Here are the some pictures I got from the ebay sale I missed.

Boomer

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 06:31:36 pm »

Martin
Thank you for your reply. The two boats are similar, but I think the Acoms Portofino is bit more realistic - less toy like. I have some more pictures of the Aristo Craft Vee Sport 2660. One recently sold for $150 USD on rcgroups.com forum, they seem to have similar value to those in the market for one.

You may recall some time ago you helped me find a Yamaha RTW - I still have my Yamaha RTW and consider it a treasure. I have since found another one, which is new and still in the original box. I will be building it this winter. I sail the first Yamaha almost weekly and consider it to be one of the finer RC yachts in it's class every produced.

I am confident I will find one - as I did with the Yamaha's. They are even more rare than this boat. I appreciate your input!! Thank you  :-))

Windchaser/Boomer

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 23 queries.