Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1918 EFC cargo streamer S.S. MOJAVE  (Read 2621 times)

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
1918 EFC cargo streamer S.S. MOJAVE
« on: September 22, 2011, 01:51:54 am »

Ahoy
                  I havent been here for a while just dropped in to see whats shaken, alot of great stuff I see here I like here A good place fror an old sailor like me to spread out my old gray sails and Turn too here. Here I would like to share my Rc model of the 1918 theodore EFC Cargo trampsteamer. 
I built this ship 45 years ago and still runs as good as the day I launched her. Powered by a dumas 6 volt electric motor with speed controll It use to run on two servos with a DPD switch scince the world of modeling has improved in the technical deppartment electronic speed controll supercede. As to the ship it is the first all wooden cargo fleet every produced. Scince the effectiveness of the mighty U-Boat fleets they were sinking english shipping faster then they could build to keep up. the emergency fleet corporation EFC contracted Theodore Ferris in building a vast fleet of all wooden cargo steamers these were the liberty ships of the first world war. they were built in almost two weeks 703 such ecxamples were built. some a Q ships. they were frowned upon because they were made from wood, But they proved themselves valuable. Here is my Trampsteamer S.S. MOJAVE

Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
Re: 1918 EFC cargo streamer S.S. MOJAVE
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 12:09:53 pm »

A fine looking model.

Bob
Officially a GOG.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
Re: 1918 EFC cargo streamer S.S. MOJAVE
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 10:12:20 pm »

A fine looking model.

Bob

Ahoy Bob
                  A Hardy thank you for your reply, Just got backing from the metro pond with her.  Still runs good, I got to finish her up I havent touched this ship in 45 years, I forgot she wasn,t finished durring takeing the pictures. I,ll add another post on it when done.  Thanks Bob

Boats :-) :-) :-) :-)
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.