Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Europe petition, please help.  (Read 5107 times)

bikerdude666

Re: Europe petition, please help.
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2011, 03:49:38 am »

I read some where that one of the US anti crash helmet brigade died of head injuries on his way to a rally to protest about wearing crash helmets.. %)

Indeed just as many others have died regardless of wearing a helmet, wearing a helmet undoubtedly saves some lives, however the safer you feel, the more risks you take, I often find myself going much faster than I intend  to because with a full face helmet on you don get any wind or sensation of speed, with an open face I don't get above 80 and on the trims without a helmet I'm more than happy to keep to a steady 50...

As for comparing it to the helmet law, I dot agreed with that law either, it's a riders choice, you're hurting no one else by smashing your own head in, given the choice (on the trike, no helmet is required) I still wear a helmet. Its the principal of being told what you have to wear. If they de used model boating was dangerous, standing close to the lake and leaning over to put your model in, so they say ts the law you must wear a lifejacket would you all just say 'it's for my safety' and go out and buy 1 or would you want the choice?

Shipmate60

• Global Moderator
  • Full Mayhemer
  • You bark - I will bite!!!
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2011, 08:02:29 am »

Andy,
While I agree with you in theory about car drivers surrounded by a ton of steel it is a reality that bikers are getting killed.
I have read with what you said Bikerdude and at your age had the same thoughts, but it isn't just you that it concerns.
My taxes pay for the ambulance, the mortuary and that is without the distress caused to your family/friends.
Yes I have lost mates when I was younger before Helmets compulsory.
But on a Trike you are as good as in a car, well 1/2 a car!!!

Nice to meet you last year BTW

Bob
Officially a GOG.

bikerdude666

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2011, 08:48:20 am »

Andy,
While I agree with you in theory about car drivers surrounded by a ton of steel it is a reality that bikers are getting killed.
I have read with what you said Bikerdude and at your age had the same thoughts, but it isn't just you that it concerns.
My taxes pay for the ambulance, the mortuary and that is without the distress caused to your family/friends.
Yes I have lost mates when I was younger before Helmets compulsory.
But on a Trike you are as good as in a car, well 1/2 a car!!!

Nice to meet you last year BTW

Bob

Lol with the cornering on the grime I've got more hance of fallin off the side of it and running myself over with the back wheels! Still a laugh, tbh we aren't ever gonna agree and I can understand and respect your opinion (regards hiviz) the bloody aftermarket parts is ridiculous, but without getting into a whole in depth talk about it (which I'm happy to do if you want). Having read it more, I believe the legislation would even rule out changing the make of tyre and brake pads used....

Good to meet you too, thanks for the boat, takes alot of ballast! Got 2.3kg of assorted crap in it and it still needs a bit more, was planning on spending this winter rebuildin the superstructure but as next year well have a baby and will no longer be able to fit the boat and the 3 of us in the car it seems pointless
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.365 seconds with 23 queries.