Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small refit of my HFM pilot..  (Read 2883 times)

lifejacket

Small refit of my HFM pilot..
« on: September 25, 2011, 02:41:42 am »

Just done a lick o' paint and a mild resto + bit more detailing.. pilots rock!

BEFORE..AFTER..

dondecap

Re: Small refit of my HFM pilot..
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 01:03:49 pm »

hi mate.
that smartened it up a bit eh ?
regards
don

stubbsy

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 03:07:18 pm »

looking very nice :-))

what sort of scale does it come out at

cheers

stubbsy :-)

lifejacket

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 04:41:20 pm »

Thanks guys, your comments are appreciated...  :}

The scale is somewhere @1/20.. the boat kinda looks like it was modelled on the Nelson 40, and at around 22 1/4" hull length that would be about right.. but as 1/20th ican be a bit of a curve ball for figures & fittings, any scale up to (down to..?) 1/25th would look ok-ish..!  ok2

Dan.Lord

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 10:36:24 pm »

Hi there, really nice re-furb, Looks the business. I remember this type of Pilot launch when I was young Sailing out of Harwich, even went for a ride on one. Brings back good memories  O0

What make is the kit, & is it still available ?
Very nice to see. Cheers Dan.

lifejacket

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 07:55:54 pm »

Hi Dan.. that is a nice pic, is it ok to save to my pic folder? I see you even managed a little aperture flare.. nice touch!  :-))

I'm glad your memories have been revived Dan, enjoy them... The kit is a HFM kit but is no longer currently in production but I am led to believe the right of production is alive and well with plans to maybe re-use the moulds and start production again..!

I have another thread in "Working vessels R&D" under FHM(sorry!)pilot where the new owner mentions it, but due to ill health is not up to speed yet.. but watch this space..!!!  :}

lifejacket

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 09:00:56 pm »

**CORRECTION**
The hull length is actually 23 3/8" so the scale could be anywhere between 1/16th-1/18th...  :embarrassed: what a dumb@ss..!

Dan.Lord

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 10:32:11 pm »

Hi Dan.. that is a nice pic, is it ok to save to my pic folder? I see you even managed a little aperture flare.. nice touch!  :-))

I'm glad your memories have been revived Dan, enjoy them... The kit is a HFM kit but is no longer currently in production but I am led to believe the right of production is alive and well with plans to maybe re-use the moulds and start production again..!

I have another thread in "Working vessels R&D" under FHM(sorry!)pilot where the new owner mentions it, but due to ill health is not up to speed yet.. but watch this space..!!!  :}
Hi, glad you liked the pic, I must confess I didn't take t myself :(( I was given several pics by a friend, feel free to take one for yourself. PM me if you'd like some more.
Hopefully they'll re release the kit in the near future, I'd very much like to have one myself.
Hope you feel better soon Cheers Dan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 22 queries.