Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scratch building a boat and drive  (Read 1613 times)

mook

• Full Mayhemer
Scratch building a boat and drive
« on: September 26, 2011, 05:55:19 pm »

Hello again
I no I have been asking alot of questions lately but I'm trying to take in and learn the nolige from you guys who have been doing this for years,
I have been looking at jet drives again I have one but I keep blowing the impeller well to be honest I have decided to make my own one out of some plumbing pipes my question is will just a normal prop work? But I need a prop smaller than 20mm anyone no where I can find one thinking running a m2 shaft through it but dunno where to find that small size of prop

MikeA

Re: Scratch building a boat and drive
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 09:49:04 pm »

tried jets before out of pipe. the results were pathetic i hope you have better ones than i did.

MikeA

Re: Scratch building a boat and drive
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 10:59:27 pm »

as far as small props go for a 2mm shaft i used this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Submarine-Motor-Model-Boats-/270822110018?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item3f0e417342

the prop is push fit and about 18mm in diameter. in fact i bought a couple of these a built a few small rc boats with imo great results. You might be able to source some cheaper ones but i new exactly what propeller i wanted and this was the only way i new how to source them as you can buy these props off the shelf.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.