Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resolution,  (Read 2564 times)

batfish

Resolution,
« on: September 29, 2011, 11:55:06 pm »

Hi all,

http://www.deansmarine.co.uk/shop/product_info.php/cPath/26_33/products_id/2621

As far as im led to believe the R&R Resolution is or was avaliable through subtech,
However Andy at models by design is meant to have both the Alfa and the Res

nhp651

Re: Resolution,
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 08:49:39 am »

Gawd, that's a blast from the past..........I built a review model of the R & R Resolution for the Model Boats magazine in the early 1990's........my first and only deviation into boats that are supposed to sink......never again!.

I hope that who ever now manufactures it  now has improved the rear upper mouldings, as they didn't fit way back then, and had to be cut through and re grp'd  just aft of the misile bay in order to mate up with the lower hull.
It put me off a lot from submarining.....it sunk and didn't come up again.......on it's maiden voyage???

Don't think it was, in particular, anything regarding the boat,the kit, or it's manufacture, though that put me off........just that it was sohhh fidly to fit everything into the pressure hull and then having to bolt down more nuts that in Broadmoor..........in the end, it was my inexperience at drilling perspex  and inexperience/lack of knowledge of submarining that let me down and in the end it was that that failed my build and allowed water into the pressure hull shorting out all the expensive electronics.

It looked nice though on the mantle piece above a log fire %% %% %%

Davy1

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 03:31:07 pm »

Understandable but sadlly, I think that is the fate if many submarine models - permanent display!

ajg141

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 09:27:30 pm »

I've sat for hours over the last few weeks pondering whether to cut the rear upper moulding on my R&R 'Resolution'. It has exactly the symptoms mentioned above. The fibreglass is actually very thin (with the gel-coat) showing cracks in some places) and a strong screw does hold the stern end in place - but it's hardly an engineering solution. I also attempted to build my own wtc but the first results have been less than satisfactory so a re-think is necessary. In the meantime it has become another shelf model and I'm sailing those that work.

Andrew 

nhp651

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 09:33:57 pm »

so it was never rectified then, andrew???? :o :o

batfish

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 10:10:30 pm »

Hi Andrew,

I Actually spoke with Ron perrot today, He is producing wtc for resolution and other boats again.
Might be worth giving him a shout see what he says.

Ron> 01400,230474

ajg141

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 10:45:30 pm »

Doesn't appear to have been rectified - on mine at least. But it is an old one. I'll try giving Ron a buzz next week.

Andrew

admiral donuts

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 08:59:33 pm »

Hi all,My reso is the most reliable boat in my fleet despite it being over 20 years old !!!
The WTC has never let me down and only requires a little silicone grease on the piston seals at the start of every season
It was the first sub that I built and has never misbehaved.It taught me a lot and I am only too willing to help anyone with who is having problems with their subs

Regards Donuts
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 23 queries.