Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Separation of electronic components inside hull.  (Read 3146 times)

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
  • Happiness is running from a grizzly and escaping
    • Britishcars International. org.
Separation of electronic components inside hull.
« on: September 30, 2011, 07:30:17 pm »

I am wondering if there are pitfalls in how close a proximity to put components inside a hull, what are the pros & cons.? Should certain components be as far apart as possible to stop any possibility of interference. I will have working lights, bow thruster, fire monitors, sound system, spot lights, deck lights, working radar & a 4 inch speaker inside the hull of a Billings Smit Nederland. The radio TX is an f14 Robbe-Futaba . The RX is a Robbe Futaba FP-118F The motors are MFA 919D, & the servo is Futaba fp-s148. There is also a Robbe Multi Decoder Switch+Prop 12+2 #8370 fitted. Last item is a strobe at the top of the mast, which is constructed of brass & will act as the ground wire for the mast lights & strobe.  Mick B.
Mick B.

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
Re: Separation of electronic components inside hull.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 06:49:50 pm »

As a matter of interest, which frequency are you using over there...72Mhz or are you on 2.4Ghz?

There's going to be a lot of wires in that boat! not having done that number of extras myself I'm wondering about the RX aerial first, where will it go if 72Mhz...

JB.
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 05:47:48 am »

It is 40MHz JB. That's why I have asked the question, I have no radio experience but I guess I am going in at the deep end. I have some good help with the wiring, Dave from ACTion has done my wiring diagram. I have the option of putting the antenna anywhere, I guess. I am a bit of a neat freak when installing things. I don't like wires laying all over the place, so a lot is packed into a small space. I will try to photograph the layout as it is now( I am not sure how to put the pictures on here) I think my better half has some idea how to do it, we will see. I have taken the pictures & I have had a promise of having them inputted tomorrow. thank you for answering my question as good as you could with the limited information you had, the pictures will help I am sure. A lot of my posts require photos so I just have to learn how to do it. Watch this space for the pictures, I hope it will help, Mick B.
Mick B.

JB

• Full Mayhemer
  • Resting in Drydock.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 03:13:17 pm »

Hi Mick, hope you are well, sorry my reference to 72Mhz is the aircraft frequency allocated in the US and Canada, that's my flying background's fault!..However... {:-{  are you sure 40Mhz is allowed for boats over there? looking at this thread on the forum in July 2011 40Mhz is not there for Canada, we can use it here in the UK though.

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=31539.0

The only real problems I have seen with interference in R/C models is from metal to metal contact e.g. control linkages and of course the motors, so keeping the RX and aerial away from those and you won't have any problems, I'd check the 40Mhz though!

I post photo's from my computer using the 'additional options' found to the left bottom corner in the reply panel, click on 'browse' and it will bring up your hard drive then find the pic you want and click to add to the post, it must be less than 160kB, photo's can be uploaded to Photobucket or Flickr etc and linked to your post, I haven't done it that way yet myself, advantage is you don't have to sign in to see photo's from an outside site...I think anyway! hope this helps :D
JB.
XJ6 - Powered by Jaguar   JB - Powered by Model Boat Mayhem - Currently On sabattical (forced-unpaid!)

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 03:57:51 pm »

Hi Mick

International Frequencies Canada, no 40MHz frequencies I'm afraid.

http://www.ukrcc.org/canada.html

I use Photobucket for my photos because size doesn't matter when downloading to Mayhem.

Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 07:06:28 pm »

I think when I take my boat (if I ever finish) to the lake or pond there will not be someone standing there saying you have the wrong radio. The acreage where my workshop (automotive) is located has a pond of its own so I will do my testing there It sits on 8 private acres. It is not like U/K with 25/40 people at the same location at the same time. I have yet to see a single boat sailing around here. Just look at the lack of replies when I asked if there were any members here local, not a single reply. Out here it is still the wild west, the thought police have not yet arrived. I have however thought about converting the F14 to 2.4GH. I think I have read on here how it is done. If I disappear from the forum you know they have locked me up for using the wrong radio LOL. We don't take things too seriously out here, we are a bit like OZ. Mick B.
Mick B.

irishcarguy

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 07:46:19 pm »

Thank you DickyD, My better half is helping out, she is much better with computers than I am, but she has lost the cable for her camera that connects it to the computer (I shoot strictly slide film, I am still in the dark ages) I have been on the forum about six weeks & it has become obvious that photos speak a thousand words. I have noticed a lot of Photobucket pictures are missing, how does that happen ?. When you put your pictures on Photobucket I have heard they are in the public domain, is that the case ?. Read on here my post about the radio frequency. We have a family member that works full time with computers so if necessary I will call him to sort things out, he always does. Mick B.
Mick B.

DickyD

• Full Mayhemer
  • www.srcmbc.org.uk
    • SRCMBC
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 08:46:08 pm »

Hi Mick

You can have your photos on Photobucket classed as private if you want then only you will be able to see them all and where ever you download them to will only be able to see the ones you download.

Some of us have Skype on our computers. So with a web cam [standard on most laptops] and a free download from Skype you can carry out video conferencing with anyone else on Skype, anywhere in the world and it costs you nothing. So should you have a query, hold the offending item up to the web cam and get advice straight away from anywhere in the world. No photos needed.
Richard Solent Radio Controlled Model Boat Club http://www.srcmbc.org.uk
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.