Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Observation on Photobucket  (Read 1254 times)

Corposant

• Full Mayhemer
Observation on Photobucket
« on: October 01, 2011, 09:12:06 pm »

During my Internet rummaging for bilge pumps, Google found a goodly number of references on Mayhem (naturally!). I had been through these some time ago but decided to have another look in case I had missed something. When I came to my thread, I looked at the video to see what others were offered when it finished. (The first time I used Photobucket I was unaware of this characteristic and it caused me some embarrassment.) A couple of my other clips were displayed as expected but what I noticed for the first time was that access to all my pictures and video clips was offered, plus the invitation to share them with all and sundry. This doesn't bother me paricularly - the majority of them are of my build or other topics on this forum. I do feel, however, that this is not a good idea as it means that, by posting a video clip on a forum, you lose control of other data.

Mike

NickKK

Re: Observation on Photobucket
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 01:19:34 am »

If you look a bit deeper in to photobucket .. you can set the privacy levels for a folder so one folder could be anyone ... another folder private ...

Corposant

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 01:09:03 pm »

Nick

Thanks for your response. I had thought about making the folder private - but then wondered if that would prevent me posting pictures from it. (I couldn't be fussed about making separate albums every time I wanted to post a few pictures!) The thing that really grated was the option for a third party to post pictures or clips on Facebook etc.

Mike

andyn

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 03:22:16 pm »

Direct links from locked albums will show on here, you made the link there after all. it only means that we cant click through and veiw the rest of the album.

Andy  :-)

Corposant

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 04:38:30 pm »

Thanks Andy - I was contemplating setting up an experiment to find out if that was the case. You've saved me the trouble!

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 22 queries.