Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do people prefer to set their transmitter up?  (Read 1774 times)

T2400

How do people prefer to set their transmitter up?
« on: October 02, 2011, 09:07:56 am »

Hi All,
A bit of background, I have just had a couple of sea trials with a a scratch built approx 1m dynamic diving  X plane SSK model. It actually worked and I managed to walk home with both model and transmitter, which was a relief and satisfying.

However she was fairly difficult to control, with the V tail mixer, as a result the auto leveller and x plane mixer is on order. Also the next upgrade is the re circulating air ballast system that I hope to operate off one channel via 4 switch box, the transmitter has 4 channels.

The question is how do people prefer to set up their transmitter? I had throttle on the left stick and pitch and yaw on the right stick. This felt a bit awkward, has anyone found it easier to separate pitch and yaw, I.e put them on different sticks?

I am new to rc modelling and am making it up as I go along, apologies if this is a silly question.

Many thanks

Andy_k

• Full Mayhemer
Re: How do people prefer to set their transmitter up?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 09:32:26 am »

I think stick function is a matter of personal choice I have mine set up the same as you and have not had a problem but then I have been using radio control for some years now
so I would set it up with what you are comfortable with  ;)
I converted a blood pressure monitor for my RCABS £15 from lloyds pharmacy you get air pump ,safety valve ,6v solenoid release valve and your air bag (inside the cuff ) just one word of warning here is that the release valve is normally open so that in the event of power loss your boat will sink  O0
hope this is of help cant comment on the X tail I have yet to try that one out  {-)
Andy
Right which one will I do next?;)

T2400

Re: How do people prefer to set their transmitter up?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 09:47:42 am »

Hi,
Yep it could be that am just getting used to driving the thing.

that sounds like a neat way to get the rcabs equipments. I have really struggled to get  lightweight bits for my system, but have finally got there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries.