Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Voting on European membership  (Read 2656 times)

nhp651

Voting on European membership
« on: October 02, 2011, 03:03:44 pm »

read in numerous newspapers this morning that the public in UK are going to be given a vote by Christmas 2011  on whether to stay in the EU........

Is this true, or just another load of bull s***.

If so, which way will you vote???

the sooner we are no more a member of this shambolick devious money swallowing pit, that has ruined our laws, fishing and mining/steelworks and manufacturing trade........not to mention the sham and shambles that france put us through with regards to Mad cow and the beef trade, the better I'll feel!!

Is salvation near to hand at last???

I'll be first to the polls with my withdraw vote.

neil.

boatmadman

• Full Mayhemer
Re: Voting on European membership
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 03:17:47 pm »

I'll be second!
if at first you dont succeed.....have a beer.....

sentry

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 03:24:17 pm »

lets just get out and fill that tunnel with cement
                      regards Howard

jimmy2310

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 03:26:09 pm »

here, here. the quicker the setting the better

Jimmy

davidm1945

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 04:22:55 pm »

Hi All,

I very much doubt that it will ever get to a vote. The result would be such a foregone conclusion that no party would dare to allow it.

"Better out than in" as my Granny used to say....

Dave.

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 04:37:13 pm »

Dont know which papers these rumours supposed to come from. havent seen anything of the sort. In fact Cam is quoted in the torygraph about wanting to stay in which is the right thing to do, only it needs tweaking from the inside.

mikearace

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 04:58:30 pm »

Tweaking?  Major surgery. The only people in the UK to have ever benefitted  from the EU are the Kinnock Dynasty.  The whole family including nephews have been on the gravy train for years getting millions in wages and expenses.  We supposedly get EU grants but really thats just 25% back of what we put in to subsidise the CAP thats there to underwrite inefficent French farming and other things.  MEPs are elected yes but they dont actually debate or make laws that people want they merely rubber stamp what non elected EU officials have decided is to be law.  Ever been to the vets lately?  Up until 4 or 5 years ago vets could subscribe things to pets like aspirin or locally produced animal treatment drugs.  Now everything that pets get has to have gone through the EU approval process as being fit for prescribing to pets.  As a result pets dont get better quicker or healthier as these are no better than what they could get prescribed before.  BUT the drugs companies who lobbied Europe for this got a lot lot richer.  Thats not a view thats a fact.  How is this a benefit for any EU citizen.  ANd while we adhere to the law the rest of Europe dont.  Ever been to Stavor's beach bar?  Ever seen him display a hygiene rating or have all his equipment PAT tested?  No I dont think so (sorry stavros).  The only way we can benefit  from the EU is follow the others and firstly ignore the laws , then make up scams such as motorways that dont exist (yes its been done by a few countries) to get money from the EU, officially tell the EU we have scrapped some fishing boats but turn a blind eye to them still fishing and deliberately over produce some farm goods and force the EU to buy it off us at vastly inflated prices.  Then we will be quids in. 

pettyofficernick

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 05:54:46 pm »

OUT definately, however, instead of filling the Chunnel with concrete, how about a large non return valve, that way, all the immigrates that have been channeled through Europe can be shoved back from whence they came, never to return. The Greeks, I believe are after more of our cash, they dont deserve it, they go to sleep at midday for gods sake, no wonder their country is skint, the only work part time! We need to get back to good old British ways, and cast off all the petty legislation that interferes with our lives.
>>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( >>:-( <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*< <*<

Bryan Young

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 08:25:35 pm »

Come on folks....no matter what the (debated) question may or not be, the result will not be a binding committment for the Government.
Secondly, how many so-called "MPs" sort of owe their lifestyle to the EU in one form or another.
Thirdly, how is "The Question" to be worded? You can bet your last Euro that it won't ask "In or Out" of the EU. I, personally, will be very surprised if the (possible) Nations choice of being part of the old EFTA organisation is even given as an option.
Maybe that clinic in Switzerland should be ordering more beds, except...perhaps....what if the theory of re-incarnation is true. Then we're really up the creek. Can't go yet...I haven't finished what I set out to do. BY.
Notes from a simple seaman

richtea

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 09:31:18 pm »

I have a longer memory than Mikearace in post 6.
Thatchers failed Tories slinked off to join the EU gravy train after royally shafting us all with their privatisation schemes.
Then selling off all the  family silver to anyone with a few grand to spare.
And lets not forget the pension privatisation fiasco.
The difference between Thatcher and Blair is that Blair PRETENDED to care.
None of the political parties will give the common man the chance to deprive them of the opportunity to make a fortune on the EU gravy train.
We need a new Cromwell to empty Westminster and let us start again with a clean sheet.

mikearace

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 09:42:35 pm »

I have a longer memory than Mikearace in post 6.

Sorry rich dont quite see the relevance in that quote. I dont think I praised the tories did i? I was commenting purely on the merits of the EEU. I have a memory just as long including what Thacher did and the legacy we are still reaping today of the destruction of heavy industry and the likes of Leon Brittan slinking off too to get a few pieces of Euro silver, although probably not as much as Mr and Mrs Kinnock, sone in law, daughter, nephews and neices all on the EU payroll.  As for Blair I dont think ever even pretended to care and never will othr than for himself.  And your right that no policitians give a the man or woman in the street a chance of upsetting their gravy train whether its in Europe or Westminster or even in the local council. 

The long Build

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 10:38:36 pm »

Dont know which papers these rumours supposed to come from. havent seen anything of the sort. In fact Cam is quoted in the torygraph about wanting to stay in which is the right thing to do, only it needs tweaking from the inside.

Was on the front page of a paper , I saw it today but cannot remember which one..

Update
Might have been the Sunday mail as Mail On Line is showing it , But cannot be certain.

treeboa

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 11:22:29 pm »

only problem if we came out would be the commonwealth that we shafted on the way into the eec, cant see them being interested in supporting what they will see as turncoats

brianB6

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 01:21:28 am »

Oh! I don't know.
We have to send the sheep somewhere if they stop sending them to Indonesia.  %%

justboatonic

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 09:48:52 pm »

Tweaking?  Major surgery. The only people in the UK to have ever benefitted  from the EU are the Kinnock Dynasty.  The whole family including nephews have been on the gravy train for years getting millions in wages and expenses.  We supposedly get EU grants but really thats just 25% back of what we put in to subsidise the CAP thats there to underwrite inefficent French farming and other things.  MEPs are elected yes but they dont actually debate or make laws that people want they merely rubber stamp what non elected EU officials have decided is to be law.  Ever been to the vets lately?  Up until 4 or 5 years ago vets could subscribe things to pets like aspirin or locally produced animal treatment drugs.  Now everything that pets get has to have gone through the EU approval process as being fit for prescribing to pets.  As a result pets dont get better quicker or healthier as these are no better than what they could get prescribed before.  BUT the drugs companies who lobbied Europe for this got a lot lot richer.  Thats not a view thats a fact.  How is this a benefit for any EU citizen.  ANd while we adhere to the law the rest of Europe dont.  Ever been to Stavor's beach bar?  Ever seen him display a hygiene rating or have all his equipment PAT tested?  No I dont think so (sorry stavros).  The only way we can benefit  from the EU is follow the others and firstly ignore the laws , then make up scams such as motorways that dont exist (yes its been done by a few countries) to get money from the EU, officially tell the EU we have scrapped some fishing boats but turn a blind eye to them still fishing and deliberately over produce some farm goods and force the EU to buy it off us at vastly inflated prices.  Then we will be quids in. 

LOL!

The empire disappeared years ago. We would, frankly be isolated. Or do you propose becoming the 51st state in the Union instead?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.