Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Krick Avanti II  (Read 15268 times)

agemax

Krick Avanti II
« on: October 04, 2011, 03:09:02 pm »

mate was clearing his attic out and asked me if i wanted a few rc stuff, got 4 cars, loads of stuff like transmitters,receivers,servos, batteries etc......and this

MikeA

Re: look what i picked up today
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 04:14:00 pm »

now that is a boat worth investing more speed out of not those crappy nqd boats :-))

agemax

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 04:31:49 pm »

it has a very big motor,propshaft and prop. a rudder and i think a rudder controller but no receiver or speed controller as far as i can tell. i am sure somebody will tell me what is what. can anyone identify it, apart from the stickers on it?

MikeA

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 04:37:18 pm »

the spinning gadget in the middle is the speed controller, its mechanical and needs a servo to operate it. Is there anything inside that white box??

agemax

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 04:47:43 pm »

the spinning gadget in the middle is the speed controller, its mechanical and needs a servo to operate it. Is there anything inside that white box??
there is nothing apart from the rudder, which is not connected to anything

agemax

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 04:58:14 pm »

take a look.

MikeA

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 05:00:36 pm »

what came with the cars?? any speed controllers? servos or radio gear?

gwa84

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 05:27:48 pm »

hi yes the item in the middle is a mechanical speed controller just add 2 servo's and a battery and your ready to go i have the krick sanwa barracuda ill upload a pick when i get home ive had trouble finding info on these boats so far but still looking

could you measure the motor then we can ascertain what it is

agemax

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 05:36:07 pm »

what came with the cars?? any speed controllers? servos or radio gear?
there are 2 servos, a receiver module thingy ,all brand new ,and 2 transmitter controllers,an AP227MK3 and a AP227MK2

MikeA

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 05:43:41 pm »

put those in your boat then

agemax

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2011, 05:47:14 pm »

put those in your boat then
i will do when i figure out how to!  {:-{

MikeA

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2011, 05:51:15 pm »

right have you tested the gear yet??

agemax

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 05:57:59 pm »

right have you tested the gear yet??
no not yet, have not tested anything, just gave them a visual check, gotta stop now and make the wife some tea. i'll be back  ok2

MikeA

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 06:51:23 pm »

if you can put a pick of the radio gear and speed controllers you got that will help greatly and if any speed controllers are in the cars put them on too :-))

agemax

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 09:21:26 pm »

can anyone identify the boat, what make and model it is? would make me sleep better if i knew

MikeA

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 01:04:02 pm »

boats called a krick avanti 2

agemax

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 09:48:48 pm »

going to pick up an ESC tomorrow. got a steering servo and a battery. hopefully may get it running. think i may need a new rudder but it will do for now

agemax

rudder servo position?
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 04:28:13 pm »

which is the best way to mount a rudder servo? from the side or in front or behind, which is the most effective?

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
    • Chasewater Model Boat Club
Re: rudder servo position?
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 04:51:16 pm »

rudder servo position can be down to a lot of things. is it single or twin rudder for example. But for the most time its "how much room? determines the servo position.
 a single rudder, its easier to mount the servo in front of and for "safety", attach a link on boides of the servo horn, so it both "pushes " and "pulls" to even the servo loading.

sometimes due to space limits, you have to mount the ruddr further away from the actual rudder post, so its either a longer servo rod, or use a cable inside a nylon tube.
Best wishes.

Steve. G.
Treasurer & Membership Secretary:  Chasewater Model Boat Club
http://chasewatermbc.blogspot.com/

agemax

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2011, 04:56:30 pm »

here is how much room i have. i also have removed the msc and have bought a esc which will also be mounted in the rear

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 05:25:00 pm »

Well, now we can actually see the confines of your boat, it puts a different light on the subject somewhat.
personally i would prefver to "ditch" the bobs board and retrofit an electronic "esc", this saving you weight, a second servo and space.

Or

if you are reluctant to replace the esc, then mount the rudder servo as close as possoble, but without interrupting the bobs board operation, as close to teh bobs board you can. then the servo rod can run down the one side, direct to the rudder post, then it leaves the other side of the psace free to mount the second servo for the bobs board arm
Best wishes.

Steve. G.

agemax

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2011, 05:31:11 pm »

Well, now we can actually see the confines of your boat, it puts a different light on the subject somewhat.
personally i would prefver to "ditch" the bobs board and retrofit an electronic "esc", this saving you weight, a second servo and space.

Or

if you are reluctant to replace the esc, then mount the rudder servo as close as possoble, but without interrupting the bobs board operation, as close to teh bobs board you can. then the servo rod can run down the one side, direct to the rudder post, then it leaves the other side of the psace free to mount the second servo for the bobs board arm
i HAVE replaced the MSC with an electronic ESC. a mtroniks viper marine 20

gregk9

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2011, 05:33:44 pm »

Well, simply mount the rudder servo forward of the rudder post, behind the esc [thats not shown on the picture], preferebly as central as poss to even the balance of the boat,.

or mount the rudder servo alongside the esc [if room allows] to again even up boat balance.
Best wishes.

Steve. G.

agemax

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2011, 05:37:23 pm »

the msc is removed, the new esc is not fitted yet as i wanted advice as to where to fit the steering servo. then i would fit the esc to balance it out. sorry but no recent pics with the msc removed

malcolmfrary

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2011, 05:44:54 pm »

From the position of the sticky tape and the length of the rods, the rudder servo was intended to fit on the right hand side near the stern (looking forward), the speed control servo on the other side.  The only tricky bit is tracking up the servo arms and tiller and speed control linkages.  Although ESCs in scale boats offer better control and greater efficiency at low speeds, and better matching to a wide range of motors, an MSC is actually more efficient in a boat that spends most of its time going flat out.
"With the right tool, you can break anything" - Garfield
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 23 queries.