Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need advice please help :(  (Read 6487 times)

RaaArtyGunner

Re: I need advice please help :(
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2011, 01:39:46 am »

Hi Darren
Thanks for your reply. I have spent my 30 year career todate in Credit Management in the trade supply sector, meaning supplying retailers with our products.
When it comes to delivering products via a third party, the choice of delivery to your customer is in fact a difficult balancing act.
To be ultra competitive at the lower price points rules out the traceable delivery methods. However that does involve risk to the supplier should a non traceable despatch result in a claim for non delivery as in your situation. And indeed there are folks out there (not you) that will order a product that way knowing that after getting the goods they can claim a refund or end up with two consignments and potentially sell the second (freebee) on line (no web sites mentioned).
In my personal opinion these situations are always best resolved by both parties seeing the situation from both points of view. That may involve an aspect of compromise. I think we need to look at this from both points of view, that of the seller and that of the purchaser.
Cheers
Craig
 O0 O0 O0

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2011, 01:50:13 pm »

In my personal opinion these situations are always best resolved by both parties seeing the situation from both points of view. That may involve an aspect of compromise. I think we need to look at this from both points of view, that of the seller and that of the purchaser.

Sorry Craig but with the best will in the world, the purchaser has shown the utmost restraint after being given the runaround by the supplier.

The original query was posted on Oct.4th according to the poster, a week after the order as first class or second day delivery. While the sender may have to wait before reimbersement, the customer shouldn't have to. If the supplier is as popular as the O/P stated, he should already know the ins and outs of the postage system. On a private transaction there may be problems but a seasoner commercial supplier should have no doubts.

Regards  Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.

treeboa

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2011, 03:26:28 pm »

one of the reasons i try not to send anything with royal snail, late delivery t and a few packages i have received that look like the england scrum half have been involved in the delivery of the packages

an issue i had with royal mail, one of the family managed to get themselves banged up, so i sent them a birthday card as i live too far away to visit , to make sure it got there i asked for it to be checked for postage cost, hey ho next thing is i get a letter of complaint from the guy i sent the card too, `thanks for the card and real thanks for the lack of postage which i had to make up out of the pity-full wages i can earn here`

not going into the whys and such about prison wages

gets in touch with rm about it to be sent a small book of stamps to cover it with a small we are sorry, im still a bit miffed with them as i asked for the card to be checked and appropriate postage to send it first class - bit of a bad deal when thier own staff using thier equipment cant get it right

Circlip

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2011, 03:37:14 pm »

In an ideal world, here are the rules and regs they are supposed to work to :- http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/home/

So you can work out postage costs for the various delivery options. It does get a bit tortuous at times, but if you work out the prices for weights before you get there, you can fool them into thinking you may have more savvy than them.

Regards   Ian.
You might not like what I say, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

What I said is not what you  think you heard.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 22 queries.