Model Boat Mayhem

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what tug esc  (Read 3422 times)

phil45

what tug esc
« on: October 04, 2011, 08:25:06 pm »

Getting the running gear together for the start of my envoy build .......i have a mfa  6:1 geared motor so far ....i would like some guidance for the esc  i am looking at the action p79 or 80 or mtronics 25 so far ............any other options i should consider?  ..........phil

The long Build

Re: what tug esc
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 09:10:05 pm »

I'm Glad you started this thread as I too am thinking on the same lines, the engine I have is a fan motor, It has struggled with mtroniks 15 which I had but I was thinking of using a 25 like you...

I was looking over The Action website and was looking at the Condor 80s  I know The ACtion products are good but like you wonder which would stand the test

a 80s which if anything did blow could probably be repaired or a Mtroniks 25 which although carry a 2 yr guarentee if it goes it goes..

On the wiring Diagram I have looked at for the Flying Phanton it shows a T12 Motor , how does that compare with a car fan motor..

####

Whattype of mfa 6:1 motor is it, what voltage /amperage are you planning to use..

ministeve

• Full Mayhemer
  • washing the decks!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 09:32:51 pm »

have a look at micro gyros they are great 25amp and no set up unless you want to   used them for over ten years in one guise or another

it will cope with all you can throw at it just look at my tug you all know what punishment i put that through  <*<

HS93 (RIP)

• Full Mayhemer
  • I cannot spell , tough
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 09:37:17 pm »

I have used http://www.electronize.co.uk/model_electronics_frames.htm  since they became avalable , they work for me ,
Peter

davidsg1a

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 10:05:26 pm »

Hello phil I agree with mini steve, the micor gyros are good. :-))

david

Martin (Admin)

• Administrator
  • Full Mayhemer
    • Model Boat Mayhem
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 10:39:58 pm »

You might also want to get more advise on using a MFA geared motor, they can be quite noisy.
A bigger but slow revving motor are more favoured by the more experienced "tuggers" old car fan motors are popular, Mobile Marine Models T12 & T24, ACTion MMB 900

http://www.mobilemarinemodels.com/acatalog/Motors.html
http://www.action-electronics.co.uk/pdfs/prices.pdf
"This is my firm opinion, but what do I know?!" -  Visit the Mayhem FaceBook Groups!  &  Giant Models

brianc

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 11:36:56 pm »

Micro Gyros, everytime :-))

ACTion

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 09:07:03 am »

I was looking over The Action website and was looking at the Condor 80s  I know The ACtion products are good but like you wonder which would stand the test
a 80s which if anything did blow could probably be repaired
P80S would be suitable for a car fan motor. In fact you could probably get away with a P79S or P93. My prototype Envoy used the 6:1 geared MFA motor on 12v and had a standard P80, although you would probably be OK with a P79. All of our units are available from stock for next-day delivery and all can be repaired in the event of an accident or silly moment.
DM

phil45

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 11:26:32 am »

whats the link for micro gyros ........can't seem to find it

Timo2

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 11:45:59 am »

Hi

It's   http://microgyros.com/

Timo2

NickKK

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 05:34:37 pm »

I'm sticking ith my electronize kit ... got FR15  in my tug works brilliantly after some pretty simple adjustments

787Eng

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 06:08:33 pm »

I'm sticking ith my electronize kit ... got FR15  in my tug works brilliantly after some pretty simple adjustments

Yes I secnd Nick, love my electronize ESC's. Had the rest and now have the best :D

john s 2

• Full Mayhemer
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 07:37:51 pm »

Mtronics.If it goes it goes. Should a failure after the two year warrenty occur,then the factory offer a repair service.This is on their Website.Not all makers offer a two year cover.John.

NickKK

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2011, 12:48:39 am »

I bought 2 Mtronics .. a 15 and a 25 .... both came in the same package... Both failed to work .. Mtronics sent out two replacements before I'd managed to return the two that didn't work ... After that ... I'm stuck with one 15 I don't trust to work for vey long ... I have sent the one 15 and two 25's that have failed to work .. all for different reasons ... one has no neutral, the other olny has forwards controll (rear speed being constant ) the third just doesn't do anything. So with the refund I bought an electronize ... works great, good set up control and unlike Mtronics is repairable ... Mtronics are fully potted modules and can't be repaired only replaced ....

ACTion

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2011, 08:40:04 am »

Not all makers offer a two year cover.
Not all of them need to................ 8)
DM

NickKK

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2011, 04:30:05 pm »

Very true DM ..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 23 queries.